Lawn Boy r8241

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AnthemBassMan
Just found out that a Marathon station outside of Canton on Rt. 43 has ethanol free premium. Gonna have to stop there to fill up my gas cans.

L8R,
Matt

Havent heard about the marathon.
Beaver Petrol is right there. Last time I checked it was $4.XX/gal.

I'm SW of akron so Ravenna is farther than Beaver Petrol which is @Route43 where route 30 crosses.
It looks like a self service for trucks but its open to the public

All the nearby Marinas are either yuppiefests or extremely rude for someone who just wants a 5gal can filled.
They Might have changed now, but wont be going back.

Took the blade off last night and sharpened it.. Looked like first sharpening.
Muffler is in good shape.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: AnthemBassMan
Just found out that a Marathon station outside of Canton on Rt. 43 has ethanol free premium. Gonna have to stop there to fill up my gas cans.

L8R,
Matt

Havent heard about the marathon.
Beaver Petrol is right there. Last time I checked it was $4.XX/gal.

I'm SW of akron so Ravenna is farther than Beaver Petrol which is @Route43 where route 30 crosses.
It looks like a self service for trucks but its open to the public

All the nearby Marinas are either yuppiefests or extremely rude for someone who just wants a 5gal can filled.
They Might have changed now, but wont be going back.

Took the blade off last night and sharpened it.. Looked like first sharpening.
Muffler is in good shape.

Yeah, that's the one. Beaver Petroleum. I thought it was a Marathon station, but the Pure Gas site said it was Marathon branded.

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted By: 1foxracing
AnthemBassMan said:
If you're in Tuscarawas Co you can go to the airport and walk onto the flightline to purchase LL100 AV Gas. That's what I use for all my 2-stroke equipment.

-That I am. Up here in lovely Wilkshire Hills, but I grew up in the massive city of Tusky! What's the AV run a gallon? I'm not in New Phila much, but it may be worth it to stop in. My Mother-in-law lives near Roswell, so that's just over the hill on Baltzley Valley.

L8R,
Matt

L8R,
Matt

Just got on the Harry CLever Field website and it shows that the 100LL fuel is $4.35/gallon. Also just saw that the Marathon in Strasburg right off 77 has ethanol free premium at $2.88/gal.

L8R,
Matt

[/quote]

-That I am. Up here in lovely Wilkshire Hills, but I grew up in the massive city of Tusky! What's the AV run a gallon? I'm not in New Phila much, but it may be worth it to stop in. My Mother-in-law lives near Roswell, so that's just over the hill on Baltzley Valley.

L8R,
Matt [/quote]

$4.35 sounds right about what I paid 3 weeks ago when I got some. It's a simple process with a credit card though to walk right on the flightline with your gas can. You use your CC and when the display prompts you for a tail # just enter "cash" and it will dispense your fuel then.
I live in Midvale (originally from Canal Fulton) so the airport is pretty close to me.

100LL isn't really low lead right? Just by comparison to other AV fuel?
Not sure I would to get into using it.

90 or 92 Octane E0 is good enough for me.

So I hit beaver petrol on the way back from mowing today.
You want pump number 5 by the fence for recreational E0 90octane.

They also have offroad diesel available there.. and DEF(diesel exhaust fluid)from a pump.

IMG_20160624_142629.jpg

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
If the engine doesnt run and it's too costly to repair the engine I would definitely put a nice late model 4 stroke on it. Like a Honda GX160 or Kawasaki. That would be cool.

Nice find.

I have thought about this as well but from what I have read online the mounting holes for the engine on the deck do not line up

This is correct -- you'd have to make some sort of an adapter plate to mount the engine, and that doesn't factor in the self propel belt if you want to keep that functionality.

This is a cool mower if you're into Lawn-Boys and/or 2-stroke engines. It has the magnesium deck which is nice if it's not pitted away (that does happen). Be watchful of the fuel tank nipple -- Lawn-Boy never got that design right in my opinion, and the nipple is prone to breaking off with any age...the plastic gets brittle.

I've tried to fix too many Lawn-Boys to really like them anymore. I wanted to get back into them a few years ago, but they just never run right for me. I do have one, and it's a real beaut (got it NOS from the original owner, a 1986 model). I rarely use it because of the noise and because the self propel doesn't work very well (it's an early version of a Personal Pace type system, where you push the handle forward to move forward). I've found modern 4-stroke engines and mowers to work far better, and I have a pair of Hondas as my "daily driver" lawn mowers.

To me, Lawn-Boys are a "second kind of cool", and I'll probably always have the one I do just because it's cool. Not because it works well...but because it's cool.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back