New Supertech jugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were taken about a month and a half ago. I have tried searching, but only found something from 2013. Did Wal-Mart switch blenders for the Indiana region? The quart jugs look like the ST bottled by Mobil.
21.gif

Also, the last I looked, the ATF quarts were slowly coming in containers like these too.

t021s8.jpg

2d9daag.jpg

2qty5hi.jpg

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
They look more like Citgo (I think).

Good catch. I guess I never knew what Citgo jugs looked like.

I should also add that they used to (appear to) be Warren.

There are 2 Warren companies IIRC. WWP, Warren.. one bottles Coastal stuff and another bottles Mag 1. I believe the ST bottling Warren does the Mag 1 stuff. I still get them confused.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: dustyroads
They look more like Citgo (I think).

Good catch. I guess I never knew what Citgo jugs looked like.

I should also add that they used to (appear to) be Warren.

There are 2 Warren companies IIRC. WWP, Warren.. one bottles Coastal stuff and another bottles Mag 1. I believe the ST bottling Warren does the Mag 1 stuff. I still get them confused.
smile.gif

I wouldn't bet a dime on this...just looks different from Mobil bottles. I still get WPP/WPE bottles at my local walmart.

Not WPP, WSE, WNE, all Warren Distribution (not Warren Oil Dunn NC), so looks to be a change. But as you note, could be only a regional WM change.

Last jug of ST 5w30 HM I purchased very recently with online glitch(?) promo, was WSE on jug bottom.

Doesn't look like regular Citgo (or Harley) bottles. Never seen a mobil bottle like that either.

Looks like pictures of Kawasaki and Blaine,s Farm and Fleet.

971663.jpg

481438.jpg

oil-bottles_1.png

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Never seen a mobil bottle like that either.

Last I looked, PQIA used this shaped quart in their photos.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
That's Citgo oil; you don't want any of that, you better send it to me.
grin2.gif

Come on out and buy it up.
grin.gif

Ill buy you a beer and we'll talk 10w30 synthetics and push mowers.

The qt bottles look 'similar' to (wide mouth) the old ST made by Exxon. But closer to the Citgo including the cap and I would think the more likely supplier.

Supert51.jpg
exxonsuperflo10w30cas_12.jpg

CITGO-SUPERGARD-Full-Synthetic-SAE-0W-16-Motor-Oil_Full.jpg

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Never seen a mobil bottle like that either.

Last I looked, PQIA used this shaped quart in their photos.

It is similar but not the same:

MobilSpecial5W30FrontFinished.png

mobil-1-synthetic-mobil-super-motor-oil-product-bottles.jpg

Around here, the ST bottles all have different marks on the bottom depending on grade.

Some are marked with the Wpp
Sothers have the same marks shown above.

Can't remember which grade is which marks, but I don't think I matters much. It's all mainstream stuff made by someone big.

Anyone know who the "Q-lee" mark above is? The other I presumed to be Citgo.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
The qt bottles look 'similar' to (wide mouth) the old ST made by Exxon. But closer to the Citgo including the cap and I would think the more likely supplier.

Supert51.jpg
exxonsuperflo10w30cas_12.jpg

CITGO-SUPERGARD-Full-Synthetic-SAE-0W-16-Motor-Oil_Full.jpg

Yes these are the ones I was referring to.

Originally Posted By: meborder
Anyone know who the "Q-lee" mark above is? The other I presumed to be Citgo.

I Googled Lee Container the other day and they had that logo.

They look to have a presence in Iowa, Georgia and Texas.

Last edited:
I looked at all the ST bottles on the front row today and they were all WPP except one WNE.

So it appears that my local store has now switched back to warren.

I have the feeling that the contract changes rather frequently. Perhaps based on supply and demand. If one company can't keep up, they fill the need with the second bidder.

Just a guess. I could be way off.

I've noticed that in Canada a lot of Canadian-Tire oils are starting to come in those Citgo style bottles.

None of the PCMO's are yet; it's some of the HDEO, marine, and OPE oils that are.

Interesting to see if this trend continues....

Given how cash starved Venezuela is right now I wouldn't be surprised if they are offering some hefty discounts to raise cash.

I was buying some Mercon V ST and had to go to two different stores to get enough for my transmission drain and fill. One store had the small top bottles and another had the wide top bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back