Lexus seats in a Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
My Camry has pretty awful seats. I asked on ToyotaNation but nobody really knows. I've seen some threads but it sounds like the seats fit, but unsure about electrical connections.

My brother has a beater 96' Lexus ES300. Seats are in great shape though and I want to swap the front seats with my 2000 Camry. On my Camry, it says "SRS Side Airbags" on the plastic on the bottom of the seat. Is the airbag in the seats or is it in the pillar? I won't swap if the airbags are in the seats.

My car has a power driver's seat and a manual passenger's seat. The Lexus has dual power seats. I'm ok with the passenger seat not being adjustable. I can adjust it in his Lexus before swapping.

Anybody know if the electrical connectors are the same in the driver's seat? And if the Camry has the side airbags in the seat? I'm not worried about it being weird in my car, the Lexus seats are lighter in color, but my car is a salvage titled smashed Camry, it's just a commuter. And his Lexus? We won't even talk about it's condition lol.

I would start by simply taking a look at the connectors and wiring in both vehicles and see if they match.

All you need is the VIN numbers off both vehicles and an internet connection.
The part numbers tell the whole story. The part numbers never lie.
grin2.gif

This may be a very easy swap, the pass seat wiring may already be there in your Camry.
Look for an airbag marking on the side of the seat, if it is and yours doesn't have any it wont make any difference, perfectly safe to use it just wont be active.

I suggest pulling one out and trying it, the connectors may or may not be the same but its not a big deal to swap them, seat wiring is mostly in the seat not the harness if the controls are on the side of the seat.

I'm of the opinion that you can ram almost any seat into any other car. I put WRX seats in my cavalier. Town car seats in an old truck.

First

If it's labeled on the actual seat, then it's in the seat, I wouldn't suggest giving that up

Second

Your mixing vehicle generations, which won't help an easy plug and play swap

To match your XV20 Camry, you'd need a XV20 ES (MY97-MY01)

Your doner ES is an XV10 (MY92-MY96)

I doubt it'd be a bolt and play swap, but nothing's stopping you from trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back