Gun Belt Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am looking to buy a proper gun belt since I occasionally carry IWB/OWB and my dress belts can't take the weight. I am looking for a leather gun belt (dress clothes) and a nylon belt for when I go out camping/hiking. My budget is reasonably flexible. I have been looking at Crossbreed and Alien gear but have never seen them in person. Any suggestions on brands/models?

I can't offer any advice, but I love the thread title!
smile.gif

I routinely carry my glock 23 IWB with an Overwatch kydex holster and OWB with the glock sport combat holster using Hanks Amish "The Gunner" 1.5" belt. I'm sure there are stiffer or fancier options out there but this works great for me. THICK leather, chicago screws securing the buckle. If you are looking for a top notch leather belt that won't break the bank, I'd give them a serious look.

Hanks also has some fancier and/or heavier options.

Depends on the gun you're wearing, the weight
Believe it or not I use a Mission belt when I carry my PPS 9

My daily driver is a 1.75" 5.11 Operator belt. Very comfortable and holds my Glock 17 all day, every day. Little if any deformation from two years of daily use with my holster and the velcro still grabs nicely.

Orvis. Its a dress belt, 1 3/8" All quality leather. Their belts are frequently on sale. I got mine for $45.

9K396SB_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: hatt
http://www.originalsoegear.com/

The SOE stuff is legit awesome. I keep one of the chickens in my car all the time. I was in my favorite black gun establishment and the owner offered my mom one. He used the real name of it and it happened to be a black one. Lots of laughs.
grin.gif

Comp Tac and Galco make very nice leather belts- for nylon, I like the Wilderness Tactical belts. I have their Frequent Flier model which has no metal. Double poly rings for tension and velcro to keep the loose end from flopping around. I bought it especially for the poly rings since I'm a mechanic so I'm less apt to scratch the paint. I've worn it every day for about 4 years and have no durability issues.

I also use a wilderness tactical and have owned mine for almost 20 years. They hold up very well and are not that expensive.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back