car wash soap for pressure washer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may try using my pressure washer to wash my pickups. Anyone have a preference for car wash soap for the injector bottle? I am not looking to get a perfect car wash. But I live on dirt road with dirt drive, so lots of dust.

Originally Posted By: Rand
dont use the injector bottle get a foam lance/cannon/blaster.

+1. Then a variety of soaps can be used. For economy, Meguiars Hyper Wash at 400:1 can't be beat...

Get a pre soak.

I discovered presoak while at the local pressure wash station. You spend a minute or so laying down a layer on the body panels and it just helps dissolve dirt and grime.

After using this method a few times my car looks great now, but dont expect miracles. You still need to hand wash and wax for optimal results, but for someone on a dirt road I recommend a non harsh pre soak. Without presoak and/or heat you dont ever get anything really that clean do you?

Go with the generic foam lance. I have nothing bad to say about this one. Under $20 with free 2 day shipping on amazon since I have prime.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WPKHFA6/ref...ords=foam+lance

I still fill a wash bucket with a grit guard up with some water to cover the grit guard by a couple inches at least. Hit the car with pressure washer to get most of the stuff off, foam lance nice and thick and let it start to flow down before going after it with the wash mitt. It makes the car wash a lot more fun if nothing else haha! I'm still just using the meg's gold class from costco in the lance. Undiluted, but it just takes a quick swipe from one side to the other to cover the vehicle in thick suds. You can adjust the lance to let more or less soap through, and wide fan or straight blast. Really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back