Kubota fuel filter - Filth, Filth and more Filth. (Photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mantooth
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Mantooth
Installed the filter, primed the fuel line and fired her up. She ran like a top. Although, I did notice it is running hotter than it should be. Temp guage was half way between normal and hot. Plan on checking the coolant level tomorrow as I head out to work. Guessing the coolant is original too.

Sounds to me like the screen is clogged.

Did you check the radiator for grass clippings/ dandelion seeds?

Later model L and M Kubotas have 1 or 2 screens that protect the radiator from debris. The old M should have at least 1.

A coolant exchange sounds like a good idea though.

Where exactly is the screen(s)? I haven't come across any.

Thanks

Edit time passed.

Are you talking about the engine shroud?

They should have screens right in front of the radiator that need a cleaning every one in a while.

It slides up on a track and comes out so you can shoot everything with compressed air. The radiator itself can get pretty filthy too.

Napa and Advanced Auto don't carry biocide, at least around me. I get Biobor (a type of biocide) at marina stores or online. Also, note that when you first use a biocide it tends to break loose some hunks of bio mass so you may want to do one quick filter change after using it. Kubota should be fine.

Btw, not a bad idea to run a biocide thru your PSD if you ever see any sludge in your fuel filter. But be careful not to use too much - too much biocide can cause damage (e.g. to injectors). Use only the recommended amount on the bottle or slightly less.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: claluja
Napa and Advanced Auto don't carry biocide, at least around me. I get Biobor (a type of biocide) at marina stores or online. Also, note that when you first use a biocide it tends to break loose some hunks of bio mass so you may want to do one quick filter change after using it. Kubota should be fine.

Btw, not a bad idea to run a biocide thru your PSD if you ever see any sludge in your fuel filter. But be careful not to use too much - too much biocide can cause damage (e.g. to injectors). Use only the recommended amount on the bottle or slightly less.

Also, I'd probably skip biocide for now if the Kubota is running well after your filter change. Have seen stuff like that in filters that is not bio growth. But think about using biocide if you see any addition problems that could be caused by mold growth in the fuel system.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Maybe a ride on the trailer to the manufacturer is in order.

Osaka Japan? That is a long ride..

Those Kubies are stout.

Id change all the fluids and filter and call it a day.

700 hours is barely broken in.

UD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back