Suggestions for 94 Lexus LS400 ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota Type II was the factory fill. The car has 190,000 miles and impressive service records from the Lexus dealership. They had very short change interval requirements and it was followed. Only 2 quarts is replaced on a drain and fill, 10 quarts total. 4 quarts if you drop the pan for a filter change.

I'm curious what BITOG would use. My inclination is Maxlife from this point forward.

Although a different Aisin transmission (but still an A type), I have gotten nearly 350,000 miles on M1 ATF, using Maxlife just recently. Very little clutch goop in the pan and the magnets have been pretty clean.

just get a case of T iv and continue with a df when you do an oil hanger or every other oilchange.

I sold my '94 LS400 after 22 years and 380+k miles few months ago. I used Type II at the first pan drop with filter change, after that I used Maxlife every 3-4 years at about 60-80k miles interval.

Maxlife ATF is great stuff and works well in toyotas.

Kmart has Smitty's Synthetic ATF for only $4.24/qt
smile.gif

While I was flushing the old coolant out of all three drain plugs, I found a jug of MaxLife I bought 6-7 years ago under the work bench at my parents house. It had exactly two quarts in it. Coincidence, I think not. I did a drain and fill, the old trans fluid looked good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back