Decent Wireless Computer Headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recommendations? Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just looking for something that doesn't require user to be tethered to the computer.

Just to give an idea - currently have a Plantronics HW251N and a Koss CS95, anything on par with these but wireless is fine.

TIA.

I'm using a Logitech G930 right now. Sound is good. They are built mostly for gaming, but I mostly use them for Netflix videos and audio. They are a touch bulky, but they are not heavy. Battery is good and can be replaced. It used the 2.4GHz spectrum, so if you have other 2.4GHz wireless devices right by the transmitter that can be a problem, but it comes with a long USB cable so you can place the transmitter wherever you want, also has a long extension on the end of the transmitter for charging.

What powers the headset if it's not plugged into the computer ?
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What powers the headset if it's not plugged into the computer ?
confused2.gif

Typically a rechargeable battery located in one of the ear cups that can be charged via mini USB.

Have you considered a pair of open back headphones? They are known to leak noise pretty well but they have great sound stage and work surprisingly well. Don't get me wrong nothing bad about gaming headphones but they typically are not known for sound quality.

A decent pair of headphones can have multiple purposes. Sennheiser makes some of the most comfortable headphones on the market. I have a pair of HD 558 and while they are wired I can wear them for 8 hours daily and never have a problem. Audio Technica is known for great sound clearity.

It's up to you and what ever you like but for the price of a good set of wireless headphones you can get a good pair of studio headphones.

Just to clarify, I'm looking for a headset for work purposes, predominately for making calls or participating in meetings. I'd like to be able to walk away from the computer while on a call without having to take the laptop with me (hence the wireless aspect).

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Typically a rechargeable battery located in one of the ear cups that can be charged via mini USB.

And so does the headset receive a signal from the wireless router the same as the computer does ?
confused2.gif

You might want to look at these Bluetooth Gems right here. About 6 months ago our Plant Manager outlawed Boom Boxes in the plant (some music can have adult content and such) but allowed these because they do not plug or cover your ear (safety issue). Sound is pretty darned good, you can send and receive calls when hooked up to your phone AND you can still carry on a conversation with a friend while wearing them. There are hundreds of these in the plant now and I haven't heard of one breaking yet. If you are interested PM me and I will give you a 25% off discount code that the manufacturer gave to our plant.

AfterShokz Trekz Titanium

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

And so does the headset receive a signal from the wireless router the same as the computer does ?
confused2.gif

Not exactly but your are close in principle. There are a few methods, a wireless USB dongle placed into a USB port or on more higher end motherboards they can use Bluetooth. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

A decent pair of headphones can have multiple purposes. Sennheiser makes some of the most comfortable headphones on the market. I have a pair of HD 558 and while they are wired I can wear them for 8 hours daily and never have a problem. Audio Technica is known for great sound clarity.

Does the Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones come with an adapter for a desktop computer or lapttop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back