Need Fuel Pump Assembly for Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
So I've been having a gas smell from my car since I got into a car accident in March, it totaled the car. I only smelled it when I parked in the garage. I looked under the car yesterday at the filler neck, those hoses, and the charcoal canister. Everything seemed fine. Then I saw the gas tank was wet, so I popped up the back seat, pulled up the black cover plate and there it was. The fuel pump assembly is leaking. It has a crack on the plastic on top and pours fuel out from it, makes a puddle on the floor.

The problem is, the parts are hard to find. The auto parts stores don't sell it, they only sell the pump which is fine. Amazon sells the assembly for $526 which is a lot for a $1200 car. I would definitely do it if it were a nice fancy car, but just not a beater commuter. Dealer sells whole assembly for around $400.

I was thinking of calling this junk yard in town that they pull the parts for you (110+ degrees) since they actually have a 2000 Camry in stock and give a 6 month warranty on parts.

I was just wondering if anybody knows of a website or something where I can order the whole assembly for a reasonable price?

2gtx8c5.jpg

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
$151.79 for that Chrysler's fuel pump at RockAuto.

I'm sure you're a hit at parties!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I'm sure you're a hit at parties!

I go to parties with my dark sunglasses on and then stay off to the corner of the room.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
I would just go with a used one, if the pump itself fails at some point you can change it easy enough on this car.

What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back