Where do pets go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to stirr anything up here and I want to keep it civil. I didn't see the other post so I don't know what was said. However it's a subject that I am wrestling with at the moment. One of our dogs died in February and I'm still grieving. I would love to think that there is some time or place when we could be reunited but I obviously don't know and I don't think anyone does. My question is to any of you, how do you deal with it? I have lost them before but it's never been as bad as this.

Find one of these

ChurchBuilding.jpg

and walk around inside until you find one of these

97ccf9a265c8a28d570e0405cfedbcf9-schultecolor.jpg

and he can answer your questions. It's a bit off topic for a car site, here, and the personal touch might benefit the bereaved better than an electronic message board.

They go in the ground, or perhaps a spreading of ashes in a favorite place if you're feeling sentimental.

Grieving is normal. It sucks, but it's normal. When my mutts go, I'll be a wreck for a while.

Go down to the shelter and find yourself a new buddy.

Also, this will be the fourth thread on the topic just today that'll get locked if someone brings up their invisible friends, so let's not do that.

For the sake of forum rules and strong feelings on either side of the religion/spirituality conversation, I'll side-step that part.

All I can suggest is that you try to focus on the fact that (I assume) you gave your dog a great life. You made each other happy. His existence didn't consist of being chained to a post in a junkyard, and that's more than can be said for a lot of less fortunate animals out there.

Keep making your remaining dogs happy. Go for that walk, throw the ball, etc. When the time is right, bring another one into your life, and make it happy too.

With all of that said, I know I will be absolutely destroyed when my dog's time comes. She's fantastic.

This probably isn't going to be a popular view but here is my take:

We are all what we are. Beings here until we are not. When we go in the ground, that's it, that's all she wrote. So make the best of your time while you have it. If you have a 4-legged companion, treat them well because the time you have with them is all there is, once they are gone, they are gone.

Leave nothing you many not be proud of. Make the most of your existence, the impact it has is your only legacy. Be memorable, because that is the only part of you that truly lives on.

I'm not religious in any way, shape or form. I am proud of who I am, where I came from and the mark I have and will leave. You define who you are to the world and to the history books. Make the most of it.

If you were good to your dog and made its life good, then that is all that matters in the context of this thread. Be proud of that, wear it, and live your life.

Where pets "go" is strictly a personal opinion based on personal faith. There is no factual answer for that question.

However, you're not dealing with the death of your dog very well. Death is an important part of life, and how we deal with death is just as important as how we deal with life. You need to work to get past the death of your dog-grieving for months on end isn't healthy. Be thankful for what you have, don't spend your time mourning over what you've lost.

I'm fortunate in a way, we have two others the younger of whom has attached herself to me like a limpit since M's passing.

Last edited:
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”-Will Rogers

Originally Posted By: 55hambone
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”-Will Rogers

Whenever I come across wit & wisdom from Will Rogers, I like it.

They go into your memories.

Otherwise they are compost, recycled into the earth like everything else. Any other thoughts are conceited and delusional.

Last edited:
These kind of questions and many, many others, for me, have all become very different since I was introduced to the words of Krishnamurti. We've made life so unnecessarily complicated.

Grieving, to a great degree is simply the non-acceptance of "what is"....in other words whatever it is that we are faced with at any moment and actually going thru it rather than indulging in the long list of distractions. What has to be looked at is what is getting in the way of that acceptance....the self...."me"....once you go down the rabbit hole, there's no place for churches, priests, ministers, "faith" etc....there's only what is. We either meet it or we dont. Awareness & sensitivity heightened to a deeper level enable us to be with life and people from moment to moment and hence we can see whats actually going on.

I mean this lovingly but only you can find out, no body, no thing can take you there...

This may be of interest to you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQdfonCStDw

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

We are all what we are. Beings here until we are not. When we go in the ground, that's it, that's all she wrote. So make the best of your time while you have it. If you have a 4-legged companion, treat them well because the time you have with them is all there is, once they are gone, they are gone.

Leave nothing you many not be proud of. Make the most of your existence, the impact it has is your only legacy. Be memorable, because that is the only part of you that truly lives on.

I'm not religious in any way, shape or form. I am proud of who I am, where I came from and the mark I have and will leave. You define who you are to the world and to the history books. Make the most of it.

If you were good to your dog and made its life good, then that is all that matters in the context of this thread. Be proud of that, wear it, and live your life.
Pretty much my thoughts on it as well.

I believe that when I am reunited with my family in the hereafter my little buddy Thunder( black lab )will be there as well. Assuming I out live my current black lab Sadie, which I should based on my age, I believe she will be there waiting for me too. Wouldn't be heaven without them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

+1 I couldn't have said it any better. I too am not religious in any way.

I'd like to think we get reunited with our family and pets, but that's just totally unrealistic.

I had a near death experience and they were at the Doggy Hotel...........Extended Stay. They are very nice suites complete with kitchenettes, flat screen tvs and they don't go poo poo anymore either. At least I didn't see any.

This morning I was at the park and saw this very hot girl there with her doggy. There's a training class there every Saturday. I talked to her a bit and she was very nice. I asked about her dog and gave her compliments. Then she informs me the brute is going to go potty, number two from the looks of it. So I high tailed it out of there pretty quick.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'd like to think we get reunited with our family and pets, but that's just totally unrealistic.

Thinking you don't is just as unrealistic. Read up on people who have died and came back, and what they have to say about death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back