Truck Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I hauled 300 gunstock blanks to a customer.
I had my basic 2015 F350 CC 4wd gasser...
First off I hit the McD's drive thru and I got behind an older Ram Diesel PU with a 20' something guy behind the wheel. I know I'm an old fool now but I hate the noise and smoke from them. This is farm country with the ones with the big smoke stack in the bed.

Every inch he moved he revved up the truck like he was ready to run the quarter mile and he had me in his mirror every 5 seconds seeing If I could handle his coolness.

Trucks are great and when you really use them and make money with them I respect the heck out of them. But I really dislike the brand wars and all the posturing and the nonsense. My extended family all worked for GM and if it ain't a Chevy it ain't a truck. They won't even ride in another brand. The farmers around here drive Rams because they get subsidies......... I like my Ford- but I don't have much loyalty and buy what I like.

It all seems childish to me. I will say my prior 2011 F350 Diesel got more action than the gasser. But I dislike being noticed so it was a fair trade off!

Thankfully the smoke stack has not caught on here. We do have the testicles.the smoking out an intersection can get you reported to the smog Nazis so that's a no-no too

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

First off I hit the McD's drive thru and I got behind an older Ram Diesel PU with a 20' something guy behind the wheel.

Ram guys are usually the ones that are "compensating". You see more Rams with the stickers, stovepipes, truck nuts, etc than the others. Chevy guys seem to be the most "stock" with Ford falling in the middle.

It's like the guys with the econoboxes, [censored] can mufflers and fake chute "hitch". Just another way to gussy up your POS and feel like you're cool.

Last edited:
Yeah this guy had all the stickers and skate board stuff- the tires, the music and I guess its okay but don't invite unwilling others to your party
smile.gif

I used to rent trucks for my runs and I found they never had what I needed or I'd get a call three weeks after I rented a truck seeing if I was the one who broke the windshield.
No joke. I'd tell them I went through an inspection when I rented it and one when I returned it and that ended my liability. That stuff made me get my own truck but they are stock except the oil and filter- I'm pretty much drama free.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

First off I hit the McD's drive thru and I got behind an older Ram Diesel PU with a 20' something guy behind the wheel.

Ram guys are usually the ones that are "compensating". You see more Rams with the stickers, stovepipes, truck nuts, etc than the others. Chevy guys seem to be the most "stock" with Ford falling in the middle.

It's like the guys with the econoboxes, [censored] can mufflers and fake chute "hitch". Just another way to gussy up your POS and feel like you're cool.

It would be hard to have brand loyalty with 3/4 or 1 ton pickups. Engine from one, transmission from another and body/frame from another.

I just want one that is reliable and does not have duct tape covering the rust.

You didnt like the brodozier?

I guess I will push my Chevy before I drive your Ford. Although yours was Found On Road Dead!

I understand you. Maybe it is like sports. Out of the big three I only care for one. The other two are not wrong, and I dont hate them, but they just arent anywhere in the same league as the one I adore.

I have owned an old Dodge Dakota and did not like it. I almost got a F150 300 inline-6 5 spd, but didnt. This Chevrolet I have now is my second truck to have. It is a very great truck to me and I signed the title over to the dealer when I couldnt pay for the repairs (cooling system and misc stuff) but luckily a family member bought it back for me.

I had fun driving a 1969 Ford 360 3 spd off road. Them old heavy trucks really handle the farm well. Now-a-days it is mostly about the interstate and seating alot of people.

Wish you well

Originally Posted By: Donald
It would be hard to have brand loyalty with 3/4 or 1 ton pickups. Engine from one, transmission from another and body/frame from another.

I just want one that is reliable and does not have duct tape covering the rust.

Pretty hilarious we still have brand bashing isn't it?

Refering to ITguy's post above, the bro' trucks here are anything they can get their hands on. the fords and chevys get the bling, and the dodge's tend to be rust buckets. the whole thing is very sad. conspicuous consumerism.

Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge (sorry....Ram)...this debate is as old as time itself isn't?

If it's all in good fun, I'm for it. My brother in law is a hard core Chevy guy.....All his trucks are always Chevy/GMC, but we poke fun and keep it light. In fact we compliment each others trucks all the time.

When people take the truck wars to anything but light hearted fun, thy have serious problems LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back