Toolbox - Pliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for everyone's input. Do you think pistol grip pliers deserve a spot in the box?

I have these on my to-grab, common tools cart. I have yet to find pliers that fit my hand better and are as tough as these:

Wilde Pliers. The ones I have are a private labeled set that I picked up really cheap through an aftermarket ag parts supplier, but they're exactly like the one in the link.

I don't think they are the same- if you look at the hinge up close, they are different. Maybe an older design, like what was used when the Wilde pliers were mae under the Witco name. (I have those too)

Last edited:
Yes I see that now, your probably right but for $10 made in USA might be worth getting even if its just for having drawer for use in the house.

Before I retired from aviation I used safety wire pliers daily. I now use them around the house and garage about once a week and just as much, if not more, than most other pliers.

314te9d.jpg

If you can spend more than $5, try Keiba pliers. Just beware, as is the case with Knipex, they have a lot of fakes floating around. Keiba (Japan) procures their steel from another Japanese specialty steel maker.

Safety wire that's a neat looking. tool. I adapted many things from past careers around the house. I was in my shed working and I picked up a small pair of regular slip joint pliers. I must have gotten them when my sibs and I cleaned out the old homestead. As soon as they were my hand ,they were a tad heavier than expected and had a bright finish UT TI CA in 3 diamonds. I lash a lot of things with lashing cord instead of cable ties. Good to hold a chair together whilst the glue sets.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: funflyer
Before I retired from aviation I used safety wire pliers daily. I now use them around the house and garage about once a week and just as much, if not more, than most other pliers.

314te9d.jpg

Have you ever found a good reversible pair? The mechanisms seem to break every 6mo or so for me.

Very rare for me to use what is considered a standard plier. I use vice grips,needle nose, and channel lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back