Oil consensus - Japanese late model sports bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Craig750 said:
........The test is not bull. It was run by a independent lab.......

Pablo, I cannot see any reference to an independent lab in the white paper. It looks like the test was done by Amsoil.

Quote:
Five different laboratories were used in the generation of data listed within this document. In all cases blind samples were submitted to reduce the potential of bias.

Originally Posted By: Craig750
Craig750 said:
........The test is not bull. It was run by a independent lab.......

Pablo, I cannot see any reference to an independent lab in the white paper. It looks like the test was done by Amsoil.

What do you need to convince you that Amsoil is good stuff? A note from your doctor? There has been mountains of documentation here at BITOG that Amsoil is probably as good a lubricant as you can legally buy, what more do you need?

The chances of your engine wearing out prematurely using good conventional oil is virtually nil, how much better will Amsoil do?

Let the conspiracy theories go.......go.....go....go...

Quote:
Five different laboratories were used in the generation of data listed within this document. In all cases blind samples were submitted to reduce the potential of bias.

Ok, a little less than perfect as far as scientific rigour is concerned.

Zedhed, you are missing the point. You post is more about you and not the issues raised.

Riding a Suzuki GSX-R750 k6 and K1 1000. You are forgiven of any sin you have imagined you did on this oil board.

Don't waste your cash on 'motorcycle specific' oils mate.

I use Penrite everyday full synthetic 10W-40 (about $6- a litre when on sale from Supacrap) in everything in my signature plus some late model cars my kids drive, mowers, 4 stroke blowers and line trimmers. Absolutely no need to spend anymore $$$$.

Its really a group 3 base, i.e a high end semi-synthetic that has JASO (Japanese motorcycle) rating and is absolutely safe for wet clutches. Change it using an interval ur comfortable with but for me it's a year or 4 - 6 thousand kays.

Don't be duped by the marketing hype and definitely don't pay more than 10 bucks a litre for your oil. Just my opinions mate but i've done a lot of kays and changed a lot of oil in 40 years of riding, and Ive never had an engine or gearbox let go.

One BIG caveat: whatever oil you use MUST have the JASO MA approval, or it may damage the wet clutch. The only place I would only use synthetic would be in a bike with an air-cooled engine. My Burg gets regular 10W-40 (note: I have no wet clutch and thus do not need the JASO stamp), my wife's air-cooled Hyosung Comet gets synthetic 20W-50MC oil...her liquid-cooled Pacific Coast gets whatever 15W-40 HDEO is on sale. (IIRC, it currently has Delo).

I think my uncle runs 5W-40 synthetic HDEO in his (air-cooled) Yamaha Triple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back