Good Deed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week really was the pits.
Moron city............
Today I rode by my neighborhood Citgo station- usually packed but no cars.
I see the fuel sign and it said Regular at $2.719
I took a double look as the station up the road was $2.199 I thought did the EU fiasco cause gas to rocket up.......

No they just transposed the sign as the pumps said $2.179. The cashier had no idea and then freaked out...... Did I get thanked? LoL- Nope, I actually got the buzz off..

On to the next......
smile.gif

Talk about moron city, try a run from oh say Marshall Texas, to Tallapoosa, GA on 20 yesterday...

I regularly see low tires, hoods open, loose straps, gas caps flopping...

Anyway, if you do good deeds looking for appreciation - you're bound to be disappointed...

You're right
I remember the flood in New Orleans and gas went to $4 the next day.
I was sort of thinking the EU deal may have ran gas up. It ran gold up- oh well.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

No they just transposed the sign as the pumps said $2.179. The cashier had no idea and then freaked out...... Did I get thanked? LoL- Nope, I actually got the buzz off..

Put yourself in her shoes: Minimum wage, no commission of any kind, being face-to-face with John Q. Public for eight hours at a time....
She was probably miffed because you interrupted her vacation.

Nah, my gap year was a petrol station "console operator".

Had plenty of time to make sure that the regular's cigs were at the counter when they came in to pay for fuel, point customers at the bargains and the like.

If someone offered that the sign and the pump were wrong, they'd be thanked...it's part of doing your job.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Nah, my gap year was a petrol station "console operator".

Had plenty of time to make sure that the regular's cigs were at the counter when they came in to pay for fuel, point customers at the bargains and the like.

If someone offered that the sign and the pump were wrong, they'd be thanked...it's part of doing your job.

Well, I guess we all know that you are one step above the average gas station cashier.

I have been delivering roof trusses in addition to my regular job. Got sent to yermo,ca. Little nothing town out in the desert.115f and no ac in the truck. Guy wants the trusses dropped in a certain spot.

No way can I fit 65ft of 18 wheeler where he wants them! Then I get stuck in his pea gravel and he throws a fit.

Yeah I've seen that a bunch of times.
Crazy- I'd never ask for the impossible and certainly wouldn't blame you. But I feel your pain. Been there!

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have been delivering roof trusses in addition to my regular job. Got sent to yermo,ca. Little nothing town out in the desert.115f and no ac in the truck. Guy wants the trusses dropped in a certain spot.

No way can I fit 65ft of 18 wheeler where he wants them! Then I get stuck in his pea gravel and he throws a fit.

Could be as I was the only one there.
I have had doc appointments and showed up on time to catch them smoking outside and I was in no rush and they throw the cig down and during the visit they are p-issed... I usually don't go back.
$250 to be treated like an arse!

Originally Posted By: Kruse

Put yourself in her shoes: Minimum wage, no commission of any kind, being face-to-face with John Q. Public for eight hours at a time....

Originally Posted By: Kruse

Yeah, I knew a guy who worked at a fast food place. He noticed that it wasn't very busy when the sign light was turned off at night so every once in a while he'd sneak into the back and he'd shut the light off and no one would notice for a while and then it'd be quiet for a while. One of the perils of minimum wage, no one cares anymore.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Anyway, if you do good deeds looking for appreciation - you're bound to be disappointed...

Exactly. Just like the advice I heeded many decades ago: Work hard to please yourself, not others, and you will be more content in life.

You can't pay someone the minimum and then expect that they will care about the place or if it even stays in business or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back