Honda / Keihin fuel injectors - where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen,

I am in search for Honda / Keihin fuel injectors.
Its a 97 / 98 del Sol with D16Y8 Engine.

The prices here at the "Stealership" are just ridiculous: About 300,-$. For -ONE-!

Are there any sources for the Keihin Injectors online?
So far, Google only showed me this Company:

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/fuel-injectors/honda/

Has anyone expirence with this Company or other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

All 4 failed? Or do they need cleaning/ rebuilding? There are good sources that will clean and flow test for matched performance better than new.

One injector failed just a few 100 km after ASNU cleaning by a so called reputabale porsche expert.

"Annother wonderful dealer expirience"

mad.gif

Last edited:
No information? On BITOG? Very surprising!
confused.gif

Five O Motorsport dont answer my question if the Injectors they sell are genuine keihin or replicas.

So i have to bite the bullet and buy set of used one. Oh well.

Thanks nevertheless!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ChristianReske
One injector failed just a few 100 km after ASNU cleaning by a so called reputabale porsche expert.

"Annother wonderful dealer expirience"

mad.gif

The problem isn't with the ASNU machine its the person operating it. Its one thing to own a machine and throw them in there but being able to decipher the info the machine is providing is quite another.
You need to have a thorough knowledge of injectors and how they work.

Most people buy the machine and just start cleaning, it usually doesn't turn out well.
When you find one that has irregular mA spikes and internal temperature differences the unit may well be consid3ered defective and not serviceable.
Its not uncommon for a few models to have a defect rate in the 40% range, with these I recommend using as different model of injector.

Thanks a lot!

In Germany you need 3 year aprenticeship to become a car mechanic and after at lest 2 years of work you are allowed to visit the master school annother 1 or 2 year to earn the "Master degree" that allows you to run you own shop...

MAYBE i am just a little bit to demanding to expect that somebody with all this knowledge and expirience could clean Injectors with the ASNU system.

And maybe i am just geting a little bit sarcastic after a lot of similar expiriences here.

cool.gif

(Sorry for the rant, but i have to vent a little bit...)

Trav, i will answer your PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back