Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mjk
Would like to ask again about MA, V or AXP, as a long term holding in a Roth.

Thanks.

MA was at $15 at the bottom of the 09 correction, topped out at $101 in early Dec. 15. Had a steady rise then. YTD it's not done as well. Hit $80 on the Feb. dip, it's at $95 now. DIV is .80%. I wont buy it, doesn't fit my portfolio.

V pretty much tracks MA with less appreciation. Both are at their current highs. For myself, I wouldn't buy either.
AXP is the worst of the lot.
37.gif

I want to buy WFC but it just doesn't work. Financial stocks just aren't good places for money right now. The problem is the Fed. It's not going to get better soon.
My long term holds are BP, MO, PG, VZ. All except BP are up. I bought PB last year right before the oil crash.
15.gif
I doubled down at $28 this year so my average cost isn't that bad and it currently pays ~7.5%.
thumbsup2.gif

I have 3 REIT's, all pay more then 10%, the best one is ACRE which is up 20% this year.
thumbsup2.gif

I used to trade and did poorly. I was at my highest in 08, just before the crash. I lost over $60k and never really recovered. In March, I rolled over the 401K into the IRA to consolidate every thing in one account and changed my portfolio to buy & hold with dividends . I just bought GAIN this morning, pays 10%+. My cash position is down to 27%. Right now I expect some sort of dip before the end of the year so i will be building cash for now in anticipation.

YMMV

"changed my portfolio to buy & hold with dividends"

Thats my game plan for now, last year I had over $57K in dividends. I do have some cash set aside.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
"changed my portfolio to buy & hold with dividends"

Thats my game plan for now, last year I had over $57K in dividends. I do have some cash set aside.

Very nice...

Some BITOG members like rental properties and being a landlord.

I prefer dividend stocks for easy income and not dealing with tenets, evictions, property damage, sob stories why they can't pay rent on time, drama, trash, aggravation, stress, ... etc...

Being a landlord is not for me.

Very tired- was up approx.36 hours without any sleep given I have multiple accounts one that allows timely direct UK access. Sold some Endeavor Mining which is a gold stock. Took relatively small new initial positions in NNA NSU and Tullow Oil.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Down 3.5% is hardly a buying opportunity.

That's why I was looking at euro stuff. Barclays was down 20%.

My portfolio was down less that 0.2% today. All in all a wash slight plus - in the sense I am not all that much cash yet hardly down - and portfolio hardly flexed in this flash crash. My REITs did great. Gold and silver killed it. My few mostly useless financials dove. THOUGH - I bought AB at bargain pricing - I've been watching this one for yield, just waiting for a good price. This AM it tanked, so I went in. It popped up decently quite quickly. So now I have another decent income stream. I don't hold a bunch of energy plays BUT now seems like refiners were oversold. Check them out with caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back