1988 Brougham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am looking for an oil filter for my 1988 Brougham. I would like to go with longer filters, does anyone know what is the cross reference for 5.0L engine which has no clearance problem.

I know that there is PH3675 which is the longer version but is there any problem with clearance?

5.0 307 olds motor and there is no problem with clearance those engines don't have tons of power but they last forever.. I would go with the longer Fram ultra and a good 10w30 that is what i use in my 89 Caddy with the same 5.0 307 4 barrel

I had an 87 Caprice Estate wagon for many years, it was built in an Olds plant and had the 307 in it. Great car, wife toted my kiddo's around in that for a very long time. They loved the rear facing back seat ha ha.

I have no idea what filter I used been too long.

Originally Posted By: momo
I know that there is PH3675 which is the longer version but is there any problem with clearance?

Nope, should fit no problem. Originally that car required a 3429A which was longer than or very close to a 3675 IIRC.

Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone

If the engine in questions is the Olds 307 5.0L a larger filter that is still available (or was) is the Purolator L30005 and others that cross reference to that part number.

http://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/Purolator/L30005

Note: A filter may cross reference fine but may not be the same dimensions for example AC- Delco PF-24 fits the Olds 307 but is the shorter version. (A good filter by the way, if you can find a non E-core versions)

Some from that list that are still around:
HASTINGS LF212
Wix 51049
CARQUEST 85049
Baldwin B9

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Any pictures of your fleet? Some cool cars you have there.

Here is my fleet

The '50 Chevy Styleline Deluxe

50_Chevy.jpg

'76 Cadillac DeVille

IMG_20150805_204314.jpg

'88 Cadillac Brougham

2016_06_04_17_09_50.jpg

'83 Toyota Cressida

image.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jhellwig
Does the Deville have the 500 in it?

Yes the monster Big Block 8.2L

Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone
BTW, The Olds filters will fit your '76 Cadillac as well.

Thanks Hudstone for the heads up. I think I will go with WIX 51522. I find it very good quality and cheap price ($6) from rockauto compared to Fram Ultra ($9)

its a monster and a gas guzzler but they are not known for power at all i had a 76 it was a great car and one option i had was air bags..Very few had that those years.
I think the 75 Cadillac with the 500 had only around 190 horsepower but the 70 Cadillac with the 500 Had like 400 or so horsepower. Either way they are strong and ride "like a Cadillac" lol
And in red it looks the best! Mine was blue.
I think the 88 had 140 horsepower i still have an 89 in one of my garages. You have a very nice fleet.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
its a monster and a gas guzzler but they are not known for power at all i had a 76 it was a great car and one option i had was air bags..Very few had that those years.
I think the 75 Cadillac with the 500 had only around 190 horsepower but the 70 Cadillac with the 500 Had like 400 or so horsepower. Either way they are strong and ride "like a Cadillac" lol
And in red it looks the best! Mine was blue.
I think the 88 had 140 horsepower i still have an 89 in one of my garages. You have a very nice fleet.

Ya, I am not looking for power at all. I love how these big cars ride. By the way, how many miles do you have on the '89 Cadillac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back