2011 honda civic 1.8? need info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlayman
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Follow the maintenance minder.

ATF is covered by the MM, but I change more frequently at 30k miles.
I had issues with shift flair that only seemed to have occurred after draining and filling with 3 qts of Maxlife. After a couple of additional drains and fills with DW-1 shifting is back to normal. I plan to change the ATF WOT DW-1 every 30k miles or so.

Honda PSF every so often (only two reservoir drains and refills since I've owned it 60k to its current 118k) and maybe with every ATF change from now on.

XW-20 oil. There is no need for 30. Oil filter every OTHER oil change.

The coolant isn't due and changing it would be a waste of money IMO.

BRAKE BLEED. Check the brakes while you're bleeding them.

I don't believe they had the maintenance minder in 2011. That started in 2012 I believe. 2011 was the last year of the 8th gen.

The Civic's had the maintenance minder starting in 2006. 2006 to 2011 are the same car.

I have a 2010 Civic sedan auto and with mixed driving I get 36-38 mpg.

Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
Originally Posted By: dlayman
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Follow the maintenance minder.

ATF is covered by the MM, but I change more frequently at 30k miles.
I had issues with shift flair that only seemed to have occurred after draining and filling with 3 qts of Maxlife. After a couple of additional drains and fills with DW-1 shifting is back to normal. I plan to change the ATF WOT DW-1 every 30k miles or so.

Honda PSF every so often (only two reservoir drains and refills since I've owned it 60k to its current 118k) and maybe with every ATF change from now on.

XW-20 oil. There is no need for 30. Oil filter every OTHER oil change.

The coolant isn't due and changing it would be a waste of money IMO.

BRAKE BLEED. Check the brakes while you're bleeding them.

I don't believe they had the maintenance minder in 2011. That started in 2012 I believe. 2011 was the last year of the 8th gen.

The Civic's had the maintenance minder starting in 2006. 2006 to 2011 are the same car.

I have a 2010 Civic sedan auto and with mixed driving I get 36-38 mpg.

I stand corrected on the maintenance minder. I owned a 2011 coupe automatic for about a year and didn't remember it having one. I never could get above 35 mpg with mostly highway driving, despite getting well over 40 , usually over 45, with the same route with my 2005 coupe 5 speed manual. The coupe I believe might be geared differently than the sedan. I didn't like how often it would downshift for engine breaking. Its was sold for a 2013 sedan 5-speed, got within a few hundred of what I paid for it. I agree though, the 8th gens were solid cars except for the very early ones, which had some problems with the engine blocks cracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back