Meguirs Teck Wax 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Paste waxes are often more durable, and take longer to apply, even within one product line and similar price range. Meguiar's gold is even an example. As for where I shop, don't presume to know where I shop. I was pointing out that these products are readily available. The product you mentioned, and I have to repeat myself, is only available to most people online.

I'm not having a war about which product is better, at all. I'm stating that Meguiar's NXT 2.0 is readily available, does an acceptable job, and is easy to apply. If a motorist does that, he's already well ahead of most car owners anyhow. And I am well aware of Meguiar's professional products. As I've mentioned in other threads, I deal directly with some of these chemical companies as part of one of my businesses.

The product you pointed out is sold out at the Canadian distributor, and it's 75% more than retail NXT. Note that the supplier I'm quoting for Wolfgang generally beats normal retail on pricing, so this is an expensive product. I do buy detailing products online, all the time. And, I order some products in industrial quantities.

So, yes, tell me more about a product priced way higher than NXT, and that I can't even buy. I'll put in on my shelf next to my PUP. Oh wait, I can't really get that, either.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I do like the product, and am aware of its durability limitations. I find it's very easy to apply, and that makes up for durability, at least for me. I'd rather have a product I can apply every couple months in under an hour versus spending a whole day with a product with much longer durability.

You made an incorrect blanket statement about longer lasting products taking longer to apply, and you don't want to admit it for whatever reason.

Life span of paste vs liquid is not applicable to sealants.

You want to talk cost. It is 50% more than retail NXT 2.0 on the same site I linked. But even factoring in shipping vs buying in store, say that is say $30 USD. I posted it for the OP, not you in Canada. But since you think you understand detailing products, understand that the number of useful applications per bottle is much higher for what I linked. And that is how true cost is factored. So is the cost actually higher? It could be 150% more money and still have value. What is your time worth? NXT would require 4-5 applications to last the same span as 2 applications of the Wolf Gang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Your advice is a lesson in how to be penny wise and pound foolish.

First off, two applications are designed to get spots you missed in initial applications. Layering is a dodgy principle at best. Some companies claim you can layer, but I've never seen a shred of evidence that this can be done. If the product dissolves in the carrier, the carrier is going to dissolve the product, right? Rejex, for instance, states you cannot layer the product, but two applications are for missed spots.

As for blanket statements, read my statement again. I didn't give advice for people to try cheaper products. I didn't tell them to shop Walmart. I didn't say that all more durable products are harder to apply than less durable products, or even most. I didn't say that one should ignore the cost per application, or ignore bottle size. I just made one statement that I like a product that's easy and quick to apply and doesn't take a lot of work, versus a product that takes longer, even with longer durability. There aren't two products in the world being compared. And, if Wolfgang is easy to apply, great. Unfortunately, I cannot buy it right now. And, unfortunately for the rest of the population, when a product is exceedingly difficult to purchase, it gets relegated to a niche market, regardless of its superiority.

I despise Nu-Finish, for example. But, it's available everywhere, and that alone accounts for much of its popularity. And, generally speaking, one is very well served by finding a serviceable product that's readily available and using it. Lots of people do absolutely nothing, or cause real harm. If something like NXT gets them doing it at least once in a while, they're ahead of the game.

I used this wax recently, but I am not to happy with the durability. Just about two months and I need to wax my car again. I used Nu Finish in the past, but thought I would try something new. When the NXT is gone I will try Gold Class paste.

My car is in the sun about ten hours a day, the rest of the time it's in the garage.

Try the Gold Class Plus. It's a hybrid of sorts and should last longer than a standard carnauba wax only. Both liquid and paste are available.

I have used NXT 2.0 on my white 71 Buick GS clone and now my 86 silver T-Type. Gives a wet candy coating look that pops but does not last as long as I would like. However, it doesn't matter as its for my car show car that's garaged. I have also used Barrett Jacksons liquid wax which gives a little more glow but does not last either. Has anyone tried this wax?? The one thing good about both is that they do fill in minor paint imperfections, swirls and have a mild cleaning effect. Longest lasting stuff I use for my outdoor vehicle is Finish Kare 1000 but it has NO cleaning properties. That's said it LAST awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back