PENNGRADE SELECT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon,

Has anyone tried the PENNGRADE SELECT Full Synthetic 5W30 or other Motor Oil by PENNGRADE. I have a chance to get it fairly cheap, it is made here in Indiana outside of Indianapolis. It is supposed to be a decent oil. I am going to use it on 2 different Hyundai Sonata's with direct injection engines and plan on using the Full Synthetic.

http://www.penngrade.com/penn-grade-select/

I'm not sure if this oil is actually made in Indiana. D-A Lubricants bought out the American Refining Group, who made Brad Penn lubricants. The ARG refinery is/was in Bradford, Pennsylvania. (Get it: Brad Penn?) The Penn Grade 1 line was frequently mentioned on BITOG because it has high levels of zddp, and less so because it is dyed emerald green. I have used their 0w30 in my riding mower, and it worked OK. Penn Grade 1 oils are synthetic blends.

I believe this is the new name for Brad Penn stuff. Good oils all around
smile.gif

It's weird....if you go to the ARG website, they still have all their oil listed there under the 'old' name and with the old logos.

I wonder if this Penngrade stuff is the same stuff, or if it is something made for them by Brad-Penn while they still sell their own stuff.

If they sold off the division completely, you'd expect AMREF to take oils off their website completely.

On taking a closer look, all the 'Penngrade 1' oils have the exact same specs, so they are just re-labelled.

The specs on the 'other' oils are all different, and they have many more products...so I guess they are expanding the line with this switch, and just have to get rid of the info on the ARG site.

Heads up for those who look for this, they have a part-synthetic 0W-20 blend oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back