Feeling Bad On A Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess because I'm in business I feel bad about getting deals.
I was burning out the early generation SSD Hard drives and back then with enterprise duty I would not get much life out of them so I switched back to the regular enterprise HD's.

The last business computer I built I picked up my standard 1 TB Seagates and they were then around $135 each. Today you can get them for $90-$100 if you shop around. ( 128 mb cache models)

So late last night I was reading reviews on them and I had seen a price of $11 each for new ones down from $90 sale price. I didn't get greedy but figured it was a mistake but ordered two with free shipping- $22 total.

Well they actually shipped them today but the price went back up to normal. I don't know if it was a typo but if they emailed me and said no- I'd be fine with that.

You ever feel like a scum-bag for getting a deal???

I've had to correct people at check out lines missing things all the time, or not charging for something. One time I'm at pepboys getting a whole case of oil (I forget if 12 or 24 quarts). The cashier rang it up by zapping one quart, and charging that price. The total came up to like $15 for everything I got, including the CASE of oil. I shook my head and let that one go. Usually I'm honest about it though.

Absolutely. Like HemiHawk, I've corrected cashiers in checkout lines for giving more change than due. People make mistakes. *Karma Karma Karma*

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

Um, nope.

Do you ever feel fantastic after getting a bad deal?

LOL
I'm so used to getting screwed over by the frauds on the Internet I have learned to enjoy it. Paypal actually promotes foreign customers screwing you with their stupid policies on shipping.

Originally Posted By: KzMitch

Um, nope.

I bought a Goodyear/Contitech serpentine belt kit for my wife's Corolla with a 'problem solver' redesigned tensioner and alternator decoupler pulley from Amazon for $25. It's normally $150! I figured it was the wrong description and it would end up just being the belt or something but I grabbed it anyway. Nope, it was a complete kit. I felt a little bad about it initially, but considering how much money I spend there, and that it turns out it was an open box item, I quickly got over it.

Yeah like you I buy off Amazon 3-4 times a week.
Plus it was from HP- I guess they are going solely SSD's for workstations?

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I bought a Goodyear/Contitech serpentine belt kit for my wife's Corolla with a 'problem solver' redesigned tensioner and alternator decoupler pulley from Amazon for $25. It's normally $150! I figured it was the wrong description and it would end up just being the belt or something but I grabbed it anyway. Nope, it was a complete kit. I felt a little bad about it initially, but considering how much money I spend there, and that it turns out it was an open box item, I quickly got over it.

Nope, no way would I feel bad about that for some Seagate POS. Thats probably about what they are actually worth, so, a fair deal on both sides.

I have the smallest violin in the world that I will play for Amazon.com

LeBron-James-Smallest-Violin-Gif.gif

I hear that often about their basic drives but in my use these outlast all others ( This model only). Never had one fail.
And I go way back before the IBM 15 gb's- they blew up if you looked at them- lol
Now I see the WD Blue is the cheap go to drive- I guess the more expensive black is now junk.
Amazon and others caused most of this throwing them in a bubble mailer. I think my SSD's were killed because of that. No interior packaging just in a plastic bag in a mailer. Stupid!

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Nope, no way would I feel bad about that for some Seagate POS. Thats probably about what they are actually worth, so, a fair deal on both sides.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Absolutely. Like HemiHawk, I've corrected cashiers in checkout lines for giving more change than due. People make mistakes. *Karma Karma Karma*

+1 I can't do it. I don't have great luck as is let alone if I start shaking the karma tree.

So late last night I was reading reviews on them and I had seen a price of $11 each for new ones down from $90 sale price. I didn't get greedy but figured it was a mistake but ordered two with free shipping- $22 total.

Well they actually shipped them today but the price went back up to normal. I don't know if it was a typo but if they emailed me and said no- I'd be fine with that.

I had both feelings, bad and good. I felt bad for taking advantage of seller's mistake, but I also felt good for paying pennies for a dollar worth of merchandises.

But for some big sellers like Amazon or Walmart I didn't feel bad at all. I bought many items on clearance for 70-80% or more discount.

Originally Posted By: KzMitch

Um, nope.

+1

It all evens out somewhere
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back