Discount Tire credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the fourth of July sale coming up, they are offering unbelievable deals, especially if you use a Discount Tire credit card, which I don't have. I don't have a store in my state so I'll be be going through discounttiredirect.com. If you apply for the card and are accepted, do you have to wait until you get the card in the mail to use it or is there a way to use the card number ahead of time before you get the card. I definitely wouldn't receive it in time for this sale. I assume they also have a similar Labor Day sale?

Originally Posted By: silveravant
I have one. I placed my order and applied at the same time. Approval was immediate.

Awesome. Thanks.

I generally avoid store credit cards, but the DT card is worth it.

I applied online last year and got a code I could use for purchases before the physical card arrived.

My experience was the same as silveravant, though I got the card at a brick and mortar store. Between the extra discounts and their same as cash periods on large purchases, I consider it one of the best values you'll find for store credit cards.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I have one also. Great rebates, but mind the expire date.

???

OP talked about credit card, not the rebate that he will get in the form of debit card. Credit card does have expiration date, but they will mail replacement card a month or two before that date.

Talking about debit cards from DT and DTD, they are usually valid for about 6 months, after expiration date the remaining amount is zero. Because of time limit I bought Amazon gift card using these debit cards.

Amazon gift cards have no expiration date, and if you loaded into your Amazon account you can't loose it.

I applied for DT credit card at local store on the date I bought my tires, it was approved within minutes. I used it only to buy tire from DT(AT in So Cal), and they have 6 months no interest so I set up monthly payment of 1/5.

Last edited:
I have same experience as others with DT Care One card. Applied at DT store, approved on the spot and able to use for purchase that day. Though no experience with DTD, as others have noted, thinking it would be the same.

Worthwhile CC in my experience. Interest free payments for different periods depending on purchase amount but afaik 6 month minimum time frame. And as noted, there's the added rebate promotions for using the card.

No negatives to this one IME.

Be sure to copy / write down the CC number that they give you upon approval. You'll need it to purchase online, same day. Then you're all set. Since they gave me 0% for 6 months, I setup autopay to slowly pay it off also. Let them lose money to inflation while I collect interest in savings.

When I first got my card and used it immediately they put a hold on my order for about a day. It went through online but they called my house. Still straightened it out and got the deal.

I'd hold off to see if they had what I wanted on sale before applying for the card.

The rebates come on prepaid visa cards which I just spend on gas or groceries the following week. I track the money left on them and try to just use them in one or two transactions. I already have my Memorial Day rebates.
01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back