Grip Tape for Tool Handles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for recommendations for grip tape that will stick to wood and metal tool handles (for example, on a shovel and on loppers), is waterproof, has smooth surface (to prevent large accumulation of dirt), and will stand up to temps in the range of 20F to 110F. And of course it should not unravel at its open end.

Spent a half hour on Amazon searching (handlebar tape, hockey stick tape, bat tape, etc), and did not find anything that looked suitable.

Anyone found something that worked well for them?

smooth grip tape, or if someone marketed a spray kind of durable rubber coating, similar to a bedliner or undercoating spray. But I would try the grip tape first

Originally Posted By: Diesel_Don
smooth grip tape, or if someone marketed a spray kind of durable rubber coating, similar to a bedliner or undercoating spray. But I would try the grip tape first

Like plastidip?

There's always F4 tape!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Heat shrink tubing, but I don't know if they have diameters large enough for a shovel handle.

I've got a roll of 4"!

I've wrapped some of my tools with a layer of light twine with a whip finish like a fly tier uses. After that, about 3 coats of shellac (sometimes only 2) for durability. Too much shellac can be slippery, too little isn't durable. A new coat of shellac or a scrub with denatured alcohol makes them like new again.

This is time-intensive...but durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back