UK Looks to be leaving the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the EU do that cannot be handled by each individual nation?

(Besides not needing a passport to travel around)

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Prop up Greece? LOL! Sorry, I've got nothing
lol.gif

Congratulations to the people of the UK.

If you do not have control over your borders, you have no country. If I had a vote, I would vote to exit the EU.

The initial hit the markets are taking is not unexpected, but will eventually rebound.

The only area I think is economy. EU has 1 currency(except Brittan) and trading between member states are duty free(or uniform duty ?). And travel is more freely between countries.

Next Brexit will be Quebec or Texas aka Texaco. Already got the wall built,just a matter of time till its PQ. Kinda seeing Germany/Austria go that way too.

Thank god. He nailed his life to this stupid position; at least he was man enough to follow through. Good riddance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Marco620
Next Brexit will be Quebec or Texas aka Texaco. Already got the wall built,just a matter of time till its PQ. Kinda seeing Germany/Austria go that way too.

Actually Germany is the only country that seems to like EU and Euro currency at the moment. Their economy is booming because Euro is weaker than Deutsche Mark would be, and now they have the whole EU as an internal market.

My guess is that France could be the next country that starts to negotiate some special rights to itself. But anything can happen from now on, as UK showed us that the mantra "it's impossible to leave EU" is now broken.

Reports coming in predict the US stock market is going to have a big negative reaction over this.

Yeah, being able to move big money transparently is pretty important to some...and the sheeple who can't follow anyway.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
what does the US do that can't be done by each individual state?

At least the US votes for its overlord. Can't say that about the people of the UK for the leaders of the EU.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

The only area I think is economy. EU has 1 currency(except Brittan) and trading between member states are duty free(or uniform duty ?). And travel is more freely between countries.

Sweden and Denmark still have their own currency.
But i think it just those 3 (Now 2) that dont have euro.

Travel was more freelyun untill last fall when it was being missused by non eu citizens and now everyone have to show ID or passport to get in to another EU country.
Between Sweden and Denmark we never had to show anything to pass eachothers borders.
The Danish tollofficers could ask something and we would answer in Swedish and then we were ok to go in to Denmark, Now its ID or passport and if you cant show anything you are told to turn back...
Same if they want to go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back