KIA tops the latest JD Power initial quality rank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dblshock
right...buy what you like to look at, don't bother with value...when your standing in line at the Mazda service desk just keep in mind that money you squandered could have bought a Toyota.

Yeah, I desperately wish I had bought a 260hp hot hatch from Toyota instead of my Mazdaspeed 3(even though it proved to be quite reliable).

Oh wait; Toyota doesn't build any sporting cars with over 250 hp...
Never mind.

Subaru has some nice ideas but they can not build a motor, they all have big issues of one stripe or another on top of sub-prime fuel efficiency.

some of you talk like your Al Unser, these are common cars we use to commute...drive like Al and the Police will lock you down as a threat to the public.

Tit for tat...

Just because one poster denegrades a marque (trolls) doesnt mean we have to return the favor and troll back. I drive both, Toyota and Hyundai, and each puts a smile on my face for different reasons. Just because he bashes Mazda doesn't mean we have to bash Toyota which had nothing to do with his silly statements.

Guy down the block here has a Mazda/VW dealership, has them lined up like sheep to fix their junk..what a gold mine.

don__t_feed_the_troll___by_blag001-d5r7e47.png

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
I would wager that dblshock is actually a stealth marketing
hack working for an ad agency that is contracted by Toyota USA.

So would i.

...and I'm not dating Jan either.

Like my Highlander so much going to buy a Civic to make my W/E 500mi. round trips to the cabin, take pressure off the H/L so it's around another 15yrs., point is some Honda's are likable too.

10 best 10 worst quality...

http://longtermqualityindex.com/reports/QualityIndexRating.html

just look at Mazda for an example of wasted money.

I don't know if I'd trust a "study" that uses vehicles at auction to determine how reliable or unreliable a brand or model is. Dealers generally send the cars that need reconditioning, old ones, and most often mechanically unsound ones to auction.

That's like saying "these are the best turds money can buy". Dealers keep the good ones and the rest go off to auction. Over 100k, auction, etc.

Last edited:
Don't you guys know that JD Power initial quality study and other studies are sold to manufactures with detail of each failure parts ?

Manufactures used these studies to redesign/improve their vehicles to be better for the next "initial quality study"

Read more about how Kia became fist ranked in this "initial quality study" you will find that they target a particular function/part, and they succeeded.

And this "initial quality study" does not reflect long term reliability at all.

these sort of searches...

highest mileage search

Yeah, so I removed the Toyota-only search parameters and the top vehicles are (excluding the Lexus with the typo mileage, I checked the CarFax):

1. 2003 Ford F-150 - 555,335 miles (Autocheck shows almost 300,000 miles on this one in 2010)
2. 2006 RAM 2500 - 550,000 miles
3. 2005 Jeep Liberty - 549,000 miles (this one is questionable as I can't verify the mileage)
4. 2004 Lincoln Town Car - 498,153 miles (CarFax verified)
5. 2006 Honda Accord - 487,337 miles (CarFax verified)
6. 2004 Nissan Titan - 471,677 miles (CarFax verified)
7. 2005 Chevy Silverado - 469,495 miles (CarFax verified)
8. 2006 Chevy Silverado - 437,534 miles (not verified)
9. 2006 GMC Sierra - 430,532 miles (CarFax verified)
10. 2005 Chevy Silverado - 407,503 miles (CarFax verified)
11. 2002 Chrysler 300M - 405,163 miles (CarFax verified)
12. 2006 Hyundai Tucson - 402,471 miles (CarFax verified)
13. 2005 Chevy Astro - 400,000 miles (not verified)
14. 2004 Chevy Silverado - 399,669 miles (CarFax verified)
15. 2002 Volkswagon Jetta - 399,135 miles (not verified)
16. 2005 Chevy Silverado - 399,000 miles (not verified)
17. 2005 Chevy Colorado - 397,062 miles (CarFax verified)
18. 2004 Dodge RAM 2500 - 396,000 miles (not verified)
19. 2005 Chevy Express 3500 - 389,000 miles (not verified)
20. 2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 - 388,000 miles (not verified)

There isn't a single Toyota in the top 20 high mileage vehicles. In fact I had to go down to #42 on the list before I found my first Toyota, a Lexus GX 470 with 349,945 miles.

wow..lot of PU Trucks, and this red herring ...

2006 Hyundai Tucson - 402,471 miles (CarFax verified)..

probably had $20k in shop repairs.

The other point of my search was the asking prices.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
I would wager that dblshock is actually a stealth marketing
hack working for an ad agency that is contracted by Toyota USA.

And not particularly convincing...

some of you talk like your Al Unser, these are common cars we use to commute...drive like Al and the Police will lock you down as a threat to the public.

I wouldn't expect you to understand...Highlander...blah.

You ever hear of the track? I would have your Highlander destroyed in one weekend for what it what would take a lifetime to do the Trans Am or Caprice at the track. But the Highlander was not built for that so I digress as I have fed the troll.
smile.gif

Hey I was bored.

wow..lot of PU Trucks, and this red herring ...

2006 Hyundai Tucson - 402,471 miles (CarFax verified)..

probably had $20k in shop repairs.

The other point of my search was the asking prices.

The trucks still had surprisingly high asking prices FWIW.

70% Trucks and apparently still enough value to list.....what can be taken from that?

Trucks hold up and hold their value. Which I think everybody already knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back