Bust Out Another Thousand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a hole in the water you toss money in
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Just had to drop $700 fixing the boat. God I love boat ownership.

Only $700.....I was a boater for 25+ years....
13.gif

$960 last month on my '86 Lund/Merc Classic Fifty..nice though, wouldn't want to buy it new again today.

Sounds like you got a deal.

Most guys are smart by not purchasing one- I have two of the money suckers.

UD

Last edited:
I have owned a few boats. Now when I want to go out I just rent one. Way cheaper when looking at the big picture.

I have owned a few boats during my lifetime and i will agree the best is when you buy it and then when you sell it. I will admit though the in between times were mostly a blast.

Boats are fun.They need to be over maintained for the lowest cost per hour though. Time on the water is too valuable to not have the boat 110%

In almost 30 years of boating, I have spent nothing on repairs. Only improvements and upgrades. As a matter of fact, just yesterday, I "upgraded" the oil and filters on the lobster boat.

I have owned two boats and have not seen all these costs...of course they are just trailer boats. It can be an in-expensive hobby if done right.

I watched some sort of a very long, deep-V sorta thing roar up the the opposite side of the Saint John River this afternoon. Very hot day & calm water. It had a rooster tail on it that went sky-high. As well, it had the very clear beat-frequency going on for a couple of BBC's running at high RPM. What a wonderful sound it made. I admit that I was envious of it even it was sucking down 91 octane through a sewer pipe...!

Glorious sound it made!

John.

I want to vouch that I have a '96 model 2 stroke evinrude that HAS never been in the shop since having it for the past 12yrs probably even more.

Boats are fun if you know what you are doing and YOU have the time to actually go crusing, fishing, tubing, sking etc...

If you don't take your boat out probably no more than 5 to ten times a month during the pretty weather times of the year. Sell the thing. Your wife or girlfriend will appreciate spending more time traveling or shopping or whatever the heck else that money would be better suited for. And one thing for sure that 10-60,000 to 100,000 grand will cover a ton of bills and your kids mouths do feed.

The sayings that the two greatest things about having a boat is buying and then selling.

Those SHOULD not have paid the boat in the first place! Unless it was something you knew you could take care of.

10-15% Ethanol in fuel is what aggravates the stew out of owning a boat now for the past 8 years. You just have to do all the necessary steps it takes to not curse when you are launching it into the water. Then you would be okay. Motor flushing after going out on the water helps a lot!!! I use the ear muffs for about ten mins after each outing just to be safe. Storing fuel is the other issue we have thanks to you know who in this administration.

Out.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Just had to drop $700 fixing the boat. God I love boat ownership.

Not long ago I dropped $800 fixing the '88 Bronco - god love 4x4's
laugh.gif

Hobby stuff is all the same. You challenge it, you break it, and you fix it. Boats, Bikes, 4x4's ... It makes no difference
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back