SuperTech SAE 30 Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, great forum and happy to be apart of it. I have been on a SuperTech high recently and have been satisfied using it in my truck as a synthetic. While at Wal*Mart I noticed ST also sold the SAE 30 type in 1 quart bottles at $2.44. Dare I use it in my new Briggs and Stratton V Twin 22 HP Engine for my Lawn tractor? I'm a believer in oil is oil type as long as you change it consistently and the oil is legit. Thanks all, hope I didn't open up a can of worms on this one lol.

Last edited:
I presume its okay. I myself would use either pennzoil yellow bottle sae 30 or quaker state green bottle sae 30. Wanna really go overkill...Redline Synthetic Oil 30wt.

Welcome.

Use it if you want to, or use the same oil that your truck does, as long as it's xw-30 or xw-40. I prefer to use the same oil for as many engines as possible.

You guys are afraid of SuperTech but have no problem going to Dollar General or Dollar Tree.
33.gif

Check the API service requirement in the owner's manual. If it says use service SL (or previous) rated oil, great choice is Chevron Delo 400 XLE 10w-30 available at W Mart.

Originally Posted By: PHANI1
Check the API service requirement in the owner's manual. If it says use service SL (or previous) rated oil, great choice is Chevron Delo 400 XLE 10w-30 available at W Mart.

^This, is what I use in my mowers commercially, 19hp Kawi V-twin, and a 13hp Kawi single. Does great, and no consumption with either

Yea, it will work, but I prefer HDEO in ope. I'd grab the ST 15w-40 HDEO before the PC 30w. Rotella 30w is great if they have it there.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Supertech synthetic 10w30 works even better in lawnmowers. My top dollar pick is Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W30

Based on HT/HS I suspect the M1 HM 10W30 is very close to being a Straight 30.
I cant imagine it uses a lot of VII with a 3.5 HT/HS.

Personally I have been using ST in both my and my customers mowers and all other OPE for to many years to remember, and never a problem or complaint. PS. My rider I bought new in 1972, and it has a 6 H.P. Tecumseh on it, with around 1000+ hours on it, and uses very little oil, and runs like new.

ST straight 30 will do fine.

As said, depending on what you use in your truck, you might be able to use that as well.

Too many folks here as scared of house brand oil. If it has the API starburst, you are good. Normally, dollar/ convenience store oils are $$$. Rural King and Walmart seem to have the best house brand prices.

Last edited:
I have used that oil for years in my twin v. ST is probably one of the best oils for the money.

What's funny is , there's a few different flavors of ST SAE30. There is the SN rated SAE30 quart of "car" oil for $2.44. Then elsewhere there is a 11 ounce bottle of "Lawnmower Oil" which is SAE30 SN rated ... just in a smaller bottle for $5. And the same with ND30 - quart jug for $2.44 or a 11 oz bottle for $5

My Walmart only stocks the SuperTech straight 30 weight in ND30, no detergents. Basically a motor lubricant, not an engine lubricant.

Whimsey

Last edited:
Topped up and changed regularly with typical residential use, that Briggs V-twin will outlive the machine it's bolted to using ST SAE30.

I go the overkill route and use 15w40 HDEO in my small air cooled OPE. Is it better than SAE30 for my application? I have no idea.

Great discussions and knowledge this is what I was looking for thanks everyone. On the ST SAE 30 bottle it DOES NOT have the API starburst symbol. Bottle is very basic looking. Is this because it is not made for automobile engines? Also Whimsey what does it mean when you say the walmart ST 30 is a motor lubricant, not an engine lubricant?

- O

Originally Posted By: Oilied
Great discussions and knowledge this is what I was looking for thanks everyone. On the ST SAE 30 bottle it DOES NOT have the API starburst symbol. Bottle is very basic looking. Is this because it is not made for automobile engines? Also Whimsey what does it mean when you say the walmart ST 30 is a motor lubricant, not an engine lubricant?

- O

Check around in the lawnmower section - they may have got them wrong. The local Walmarts here have both SAE30 ND that doesn't have the API starburst and SAE30 SN.

Originally Posted By: Oilied

- O

A non combustion "motor" such as my air compressor and my oil burner motor and it's circulation pump.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back