Dollar Tree Synthetic Blend Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Dollar Tree recently opened up by me and I had never been to one so decided to check it out. I was amazed! Everything is literally a $1 unliek family dollar. I feel bad for the mom and pop corner stores around here though, dollar tree will probably take business away from them. Anyways, being the bitog person I am, I had check the auto section. They have windshield washer fluid in the same size as walmart for $1 which is cheaper than walmart. I bought a bottle.

I ran across their motor oil. Little 11oz bottles ha. 3 of those make a quart. It's $1 a bottle obviously, so $15 for 5 quarts. Not that good. It says synthetic blend though and SN gf-5. Here are some pics of it. Thoughts?

The windshield washer fluid at mine is for half a gallon. Windshield washer fluid is a regional product. I did notice that oil however.

Problem is you can get top tier FS oil for that price.
I wouldn't buy it at half price. Just too risky.

Yeah, I like a deal as well as anyone, but you can get PPPP for $22 @ 5 qt jug at wally world, then get an Xtra $10 online rebate, total cost, $2.40 @ qt. No way I'd use that oil over Pennzoil, even at a dollar. Too many "known" good oils for -$2 @ qt.

There's no way I'd use that in my car. I buy oil on clearance for $1 a quart, sometimes $3 a quart. Pennzoil Ultra, Valvoline MaxLife, Castrol SynBlend, Mobil 1 EP & AFE, Mag1, Motorcraft, and more. Heck, even Pennzoil sends me oil for free.

I may use it, the 11oz bottle, when I was on a long trip and the oil level is below add line, to bring the oil level to add line and change oil as soon as feasible.

Every Nov and Dec AutoZone clears out name brand oils for $2-3/qt. And sometimes $1/qt. If you cannot wait, Supertech and Magnatec are great, right now, buys.

The same people that wouldn't use it in their lawnmower are the same people that strictly follow the manual and buy Tru-fuel for $45 a gallon. I'd use it in my lawnmower. 11 ounces even comes out about right for a push mower.

I will date myself here but I remeber when Dollar tree had $1 Quart of Trop Artic SL in 2005. So oil has gotten 3 times as expensive in a decade it seems.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
If it's as bad as their windshield washer fluid (basically blue water that froze at 32F), I wouldn't use it. LMAO at the tiny 11 oz bottles, though!

Dollar Tree has two washer fluids.

One is a summer formula (+32F and up) $1 for a gallon

The other is a winter formula (-20F and up) $1 for a half gallon

What gets me is you guys will go and buy Dollar Tree oil, but you're scared to death to touch SuperTech full synthetic with a 10 ft. pole.
wtf1_zps7bvq5yth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back