PF61E From 2005 Trailblazer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter came off of My older brothers Girlfriend's 2005 trailblazer. I don't know much more about the vehicle other than it has an inline 6 and had other work performed at this time including spark plugs, plug wires, air filter, maybe something else. It had a misire on 3 cylinders and was driving very rough. Oil run was PYB 5w30 as has been run since the day was purchased. Her dad is a PYB fan. Her dad and my brother being car guys, I would assume all oil changes have been between 3k-5k miles. I am not sure what their oil change beliefs are.

Filter looks good to me, but the black stuff at the dome end appears to be some cleaned off sludge?

Also these E-cores seem to be doing okay in the GM vehicles we have been servicing. But the ADBV always comes out a bit stiff in the center portion.

1zpmazs.jpg

ab1cn8.jpg

n36rso.jpg

w0q7pe.jpg

npq1s0.jpg

a9pnvn.jpg

30my2rq.jpg

55gn88.jpg

rh8kde.jpg

10widmu.jpg

2uy0xmx.jpg

2uo45nd.jpg

eas0aq.jpg

Trailblazers don't have spark plug wires, so I hope a shop didn't do the work and bill her for it.

The one pleat in pic two looks a little wonky, but as long as not tear, no biggie. Overall pleat uniformity and number looks good. Cage has been improved, more trusses, much better imo than the older ecores. And being older GM no combo valve, just nitrile adbv. Also good imo. Depending on oci/fci, a little stiffness in nitrile adbv wouldn't be unusual or a big deal. ~5k oci, no combo valve, these are fine imo.

Thanks for pics.

It has been looking like they've finally got the ecore right. Filter looks just fine. Surprised there is any sludge with frequent PYB OCI's, is there perhaps some coolant contamination?

The ecores I have cut always look good like yours. I have run a several on my 2.2 and ran a PF46E last year that looked perfect as well. Had I not run into a deal on the PF46 classics I would be using one now. I like the ability to inspect the pleat spacing before installation.

Good question KCJeep, I will ask her if her car seems to be losing coolant. I would probably guess, her not caring as much for cars, she probably didn't pay attention to mileage on an OCI or two and didn't mention anything to her father on a visit while she was living in her college arrangement. (this was prior to living with my brother)

Also, It may have been a bad COP or something. I just know he had to replace more than just the plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back