Project car????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys and gals, Ive been lurking havent had anything post worthy for awhile. Anyways i've been looking for a project car off and on for awhile on a impulse over the weekend i bought a running and driving 1985 chevette to toy with. Originally I planned on lifting in and putting 15" wheels with all terrains on it, for a dune buggy type of deal. Then i was thinking of putting the chevette body on a slightly lifted jeep frame so it would be off road worthy but still fit in my garage lol. Today I was think of getting a early 80s s10 drivetrain and making it a sleeper. So I was wondering if i can get any tips, advice, guidance, direction. I havent done a project like this so ill be learning as I go. Also trying to keep it on the cheap side. Thank you for any help you guys and gals can give. And no im not g.h.t.

I saw one of these in Buxton, Maine ten years ago when I was buying an Xmas tree.

It had a sort of mad scientist build quality. What I remember most were leaf springs starting just rearwards of the front bumper.

The 80s S10 frame is a great idea; they seem to fit under almost anything.

I was leaning towards the 4x4 idea for that it appears that a cj-7 or yj frame has the closest wheelbase. But i found a "recipe" where you put pinto springs up front and the old rear springs on the back which is probably the easiest. I dont know maybe do that first and save up a little for the frame swap but i still dont know. I do know I wanted something cheap and something i wouldnt hate myself for ruining

323663-55670ee348a29.jpg

Originally Posted By: eljefino
323663-55670ee348a29.jpg

Now THAT idea would have a lot of potential here. Think it'd work over a motorbike?

There's a folk-religion tradition of burning paper models of houses, cars etc as funeral offerings/symbols, so making them is a traditional craft.

Maybe the closest there is here to a custom shop.

Burning-paper-effigies.jpg

I had an idea for a slightly more structural "truck" exoskeleton (truxoskeleton?) for my Ford Sierra DOHC (the European car, not the US truck) to body-swerve the ban on foreigners registering trucks, but I killed that car, and a FWD truck is a bit too silly.

Last edited:
What's ght?

Will you need to do any welding and if so, can you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back