Dollar General oil Now SN and ILSAC GF-5 rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will take your word for it. Two days ago at a local DG in NEPA the store-brand oil was still SF. I just happened to notice it, could not believe it, checked online and learned of the lawsuit.

A wise move on the part of DG. Not sure what they hoped to accomplish by selling such an outdated product. They must make money selling PZ and other name brands. Strange.

Well, I'm sure it was a dishonest move to make money on a cheap/inferior product that he majority of consumers have no idea how to judge a quality engine oil, they got caught. They did put a disclaimer on the back of the SF rated oil, but still, it's shadey.

I see nothing wrong whatsoever with DG selling this oil. The label clearly states what is it intended to be used for. If people are too stupid to READ the label and follow the instructions,then they deserve to suffer the consequences.

It's good for Honda manual transmissions
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Jake54
It says JDS on the bottom of the bottle.

I tried to find out for you who makes the DG motor oil (the parent company), but unfortunately I couldn't find that info for you.

I wouldn't use any store brand named oil. You just have no idea what's in it. Probably something really cheap and likely the leftovers from the refining process the actual oil company didn't want in their own oil so they sold the leftovers to DG for dirt cheap. No thanks!

Originally Posted By: jongies3
I wouldn't use any store brand named oil. You just have no idea what's in it. Probably something really cheap and likely the leftovers from the refining process the actual oil company didn't want in their own oil so they sold the leftovers to DG for dirt cheap. No thanks!

Why would you need to know what's in it if it meets the specification required for your vehicle? Are you claiming that if the spec is on the store brand bottle it's likely a lie, and if on their site, PQIA is complicit in the lie?

And tell me, do you know what's in Pennzoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back