General Tire Altimax Arctic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date code is stamped on the tire, week and year. I wouldn't buy anything over 2 years old,. Especially if they will only be on your car 4 months of the year. You may have to call and request fresher tires unless there is a notes section in the check out page. They could be reduced price because it is the off season or they want to get rid of old stock.

I got altimax arctics for $41 after rebates from a DTD labor day sale.

185/65/14 though.

I would still pursue this tire somehow if I were you; it was phenomenal in the tough winter of 14-15.

That is a great price. Especially if it's the difference between being able to afford dedicated winter tires and not being able to
smile.gif

I must have done eljefino's deal, paid about the same. Worth noting narrower tires help in the winter, and theyre usually cheaper. Just be sure they'll fit. My factory suggested was 185/65/14 so i went with 175 (forget the height i went with to counter the width change) saved an additional $5-6 a tire, getting studs put in makes them effective for a few more winters after the tire gets harder which is nice. Store them in the basement so they dont dry out.

Had thought about the narrower tire for the snow, but wally world likely won't do it.

If I remember correctly my sticker on the door lists only the P205/70R15 and the P215/65R15 as tire options for this vehicle.

i have used narrower 14" snow tires before(1990's) on a car using 15 inchers and they seem to cut through the snow better

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back