no luxurious Dodges

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come Dodge is left out of the Luxury category?

Chevrolet has Cadillac
Ford has Lincoln
Nissan, Infiniti
Honda, Acura
Toyota, Lexus

I know Dodge used to claim "Dodge is Different" but, is Chrysler Dodge Jeep similar in ownership/relations like Ford/Lincoln/Mercury?

Chrysler has been the "Luxury-ish" branch of the company since they did away with the Imperial. Now even your small cars have most of the comfort features of the luxury brands. So it's more of a status symbol now IMHO.

WhiteRear.jpg

Funny thing about the k-car platform, they couldn't make it wider, so they kept making it longer.
lol.gif

This was a huge time break in the brand. Took the RWD 300 to get it back. There was also a LH 300 most people forgot about.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

Chevrolet has Cadillac

I know Dodge used to claim "Dodge is Different" but, is Chrysler Dodge Jeep similar in ownership/relations like Ford/Lincoln/Mercury?

Cadillac is a brand of General Motors. Chevrolet is a brand of General Motors. Chevrolet doesn't "have" Cadillac.

Ford is a brand of Ford Motor Company, and Lincoln is a brand of Ford Motor Company. Mercury no longer exists.

Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep are all brands under the FCA Group. And on a side note, the Chrysler 300, while it doesn't try to compete with Cadillac, holds its own against marquees such as Lincoln. The Dodge brand isn't, and never really was trying to compete in the luxury segment. Do a bit of research on the internet and you'll quickly understand why FCA Group is aligning the brands as they are.

There's a "K-Car" Chrysler Convertible in FULL WOOD GRAIN for sale on Rt. 17 Southbound near me.
If that don't say luxury, I don't know what does.

Why couldn't Chrysler make the K-Car wider?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I would say Chrysler, but they have their own minivan line too.
21.gif

Well, right now they do, but I bet the Pacifica platform will make it's way to Dodge. Up until this year they were the same car with different options.

Dodge has always been in the "sporty/performance" segment...much like Pontiac was before GM slowly destroyed it.
This is all fine and dandy until you throw in the mini-van....but it has been a best seller for years so really does it matter what name plate it has?

Jeep is well......Jeep. no identity crisis here

Chrysler.....IMO it's been a mess. Very little offerings with really only the 300 being anything worth even talking about.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
WhiteRear.jpg

Funny thing about the k-car platform, they couldn't make it wider, so they kept making it longer.
lol.gif

This was a huge time break in the brand. Took the RWD 300 to get it back. There was also a LH 300 most people forgot about.
Those were dark days for Chrysler. One platform fits all.

I've always seen Chrysler as more like a Buick, it's "near luxury" to varying degrees throughout the years.

I thought the first gen LHS was nice.

1994-Chrysler-LHS_Image-01.jpg

Originally Posted By: Kira
There's a "K-Car" Chrysler Convertible in FULL WOOD GRAIN for sale on Rt. 17 Southbound near me.
If that don't say luxury, I don't know what does.

Why couldn't Chrysler make the K-Car wider?

Stretching requires only a changeover die for the stamping of the roof/floor/rear doors. Plus longer fuel & brake lines, exhaust.

Wider means the assembly area has to be adjusted, the CV shafts, all body sheet metal in plan view must be changed, instrument panel, windshields front and back...bumpers front and rear...

clearly I've left out some details, but in general longer is far easier & cheaper.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Back in the day, they had a lower end brand, Plymouth.

And Eagle, which was mostly just rebadged Mitsubishis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back