battery booster lithium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is it would probably explode, after overheating and spill acid everywhere.
But it's unlikely to catch fire.

I suppose I should be very happy about that!

You could short the jumper cable or connect them wrong too.

After watching the first video, I removed the Bolt battery pack from my Jeep Grand Cherokee. It had never been needed or used and I had placed it in a relatively cool spot, under the driver's seat as he recommended but now it's out of my vehicle. I'll take my chances on keeping it.

Now I'll buy some high quality cables.

The noco units are safe and don't have safety issues. They also use high quality battery packs, I've used and attempted to use mine several times and it's still good. Mine is the original model, I'd still very much like to have the more powerful ones.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: kb27
You might want to watch this guy's video.
I think he's pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDob_VFrlPk

Yes he has a chart on his site showing the GB40 at 225 max actual cranking amps and the anker power core 600 at about 350 amps. The anker is the better buy except it won't work if it doesn't read a base line voltage on the weak battery, the genius boost has a manual over ride.

http://www.mjlorton.com/portable-car-battery-jump-starter-review-tests-all-the-results/

All 3 of the Chinese units nearly exploded, some with smoke.

I'd really like to get a GB70 or GB150

Those Chinese things are scary. Of course any HF apologist might tell me otherwise.

I'd have to think about the validity of those tests though, in terms of load impedance vs source impedance and what it means in terms of making power.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
what would happen if lead acid battery is hooked up wrong?

As a youth,I was once watching a mechanic swing his wrench on a battery terminal. Unfortunately it touched both battery posts and caused an instant explosion that blew the battery top off and spill acid everywhere. Luckily I had chosen to watch safely from a few meters away.

Last edited:
I'm wrenching on a car battery everyday.
Sometimes I make a mistake, when I use a new tool which was not insulated and caused a huge spark.
Luckily for me, nothing blows up as yet.

All the tools that I used, I find ways and means to insulate them electrically.

Originally Posted By: berniedd
As a youth,I was once watching a mechanic swing his wrench on a battery terminal. Unfortunately it touched both battery posts and caused an instant explosion that blew the battery top off and spill acid everywhere. Luckily I had chosen to watch safely from a few meters away.

Lucky you. Who cares about injuries to the mechanic?

The point was whether it is lead acid or lithium, if you do dumb things with a battery it is going to end up pretty bad. Don't be stupid when it comes to handling concentrated power sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back