Coolant for 2009 Kia Sedona?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys -

New-to-us 2009 Kia Sedona - 94K km - the owner's manual calls for the coolant to be ethylene glycol base for aluminum.

This is not very specific. Any recommendations? Zerex Asian?

Thanks!

You might find Zerex Asian at Walmart. Be careful though, since that's premix, and you know what happens if you do a flush and use premix. You'll wind up more diluted yet. I can't speak for Kia, but Nissan, for instance, always stocks the concentrate at dealerships in Canada, whereas the premix is more common in the States. Check with the Kia dealer. They may actually have concentrate available for you.

Apparently, in the States, the Nissan concentrate only comes in 1 L bottles. Up here, the stuff comes in 4 L jugs. Maybe other OEMs do the same thing.

Yup, pre-mixed is great for topping up but a pain if you've done a drain and there's residual water in the block. Then you're into successive drains and refills until you get close. :>(

I'd check with the dealer. They may surprise you on the pricing, for good or for bad. The Nissan stuff wasn't too bad. However, if you need G-05 for something, don't buy it from the Chrysler dealer if you're in Regina.
wink.gif

I spoke with my dealer about this. He said all that is needed is an ethly-glycol base. Supertech (walmart), Prestone, Peak, etc. long life coolant will be just fine. I then asked him about the hoates, etc. and he looked at me like I had one eye right in the middle of my forehead.....

Honestly, flush and fill every 60,000 miles or so and any of them will work fine (in my opinion.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back