STP air filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
STP air filters any good? or should I look at something ells?

2012 Nissan Pathfinder VQ40DE V6

If this is for your Nissan then one small detail may be of note.. your air filter may be very lightly oiled. The OEM ones may very well be lightly oiled. If this is the case then I know that the higher end STP air filter is as well. I have the Purolator higher one end now and it was lightly oiled when I first put it in. I would think the Fram TG ones are too.?
I've used the stp ones which were just fine.

The OE Nissan air filters are oiled. Most aftermarket ones are not. I would use the dealer filter unless you can verify that the aftermarket replacement is oiled.

It seems (to me) the oil would fill the pores resulting in a brand new freshly clogged filter.

I noticed this on a P1 blue filter in a 3.5 Intrepid. The midrange was shot. What a slouch that car became.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
It seems (to me) the oil would fill the pores resulting in a brand new freshly clogged filter.

I noticed this on a P1 blue filter in a 3.5 Intrepid. The midrange was shot. What a slouch that car became.

It seems you'd be wrong. Many filters are lightly oiled as specified by the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back