Foamy car wash brush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 007
https://www.amazon.com/Carrand-93111-Qua...wash+soft+brush

Thank you! I bought a $12 brush at AutoZone for my patrol car. It is pretty soft compared to other brushes I have seen before, but I never planned on using it on my personal cars. Now that you have shown me this link, I might buy that brush head and use it for my personal cars. Washing with a brush is so much easier. I would wash my cars more often with ease if I can use a brush.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
You could use a Boar's hair brush but they're not cheap.

Yes. If you're insistent upon a brush, that's the only way to go.

The best by a long shot! If you're looking to use a brush on a car they're the only way to go.

+1,000

Originally Posted By: Ryan
https://www.amazon.com/Carrand-93111-Qua...wash+soft+brush

Thank you! I bought a $12 brush at AutoZone for my patrol car. It is pretty soft compared to other brushes I have seen before, but I never planned on using it on my personal cars. Now that you have shown me this link, I might buy that brush head and use it for my personal cars. Washing with a brush is so much easier. I would wash my cars more often with ease if I can use a brush.

Try one and you will not be disappointed. Its is far better than your Auto Zone Brush. Be safe and thank you for your service!

http://www.autogeek.net/bohawabrpl.html

Yup, pretty much, from my testing, the ONLY brush that won't jack up paint eventually. And I only use a boars hair brush when absolutely necessary. Now the tow truck I was trim time to time get the cheap brushes found on Amazon, because heck, they are already swirled up.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie

Yup, pretty much, from my testing, the ONLY brush that won't jack up paint eventually. And I only use a boars hair brush when absolutely necessary. Now the tow truck I was trim time to time get the cheap brushes found on Amazon, because heck, they are already swirled up.

From the site:

Boar’s hair is surprisingly soft and its durability is unmatched by any other natural hair

Notice it only compares to natural hair and for a mere $89!

Originally Posted By: FastEddie

From the site:

Boar’s hair is surprisingly soft and its durability is unmatched by any other natural hair

Notice it only compares to natural hair and for a mere $89!

Tried all those brushes from carrand, shruhold, etc. They aren't touching my paint or my customers paint. I'm a full time auto detailer and know better, as do "most" professional auto detailers. If people want to use them no skin off my hide, just trying to warn some that you can jack up paint quickly. You drag one of those brushes across a jet black BMW, and I will be there to buff out the marring for you. ; )

You are correct in that its not Hogs Hair. Its better.

How? I would agree with FastEddie on this one. I've distributed many of these products. I've seen the build quality of Carrand stuff, and they're not great. They're here to compete in price with established American brands, not compete in quality.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Donald, I kind of dangle from the inside grab handle with one arm and use the other to wipe the roof panel. Might be dangerous!

I just checked and you dont need it for a van, s why not just get in the bed of the truck and do it that way. Granted a four door extended cab might not be as much of a success as a reg. cab.

I have a cap so the only thing I can do is to stand in an open door and go from there.

HF has a work platform that lifts you up about 1' and is about 24"x18". Maybe that.

You are correct in that its not Hogs Hair. Its better.

How? I would agree with FastEddie on this one. I've distributed many of these products. I've seen the build quality of Carrand stuff, and they're not great. They're here to compete in price with established American brands, not compete in quality.

Have you used the specific brush I mentioned? Only way it will scratch something is if you get brake dust or something off the bottom of your wash pail. I have numerous vehicles including some collectables and hot rods, including black ones. I have NEVER EVER had an issue with scratching the paint. Reason I use the brush is because of time constraints and too many vehicles. Any type of wash material can cause scratches if its cheap and/or not clean and soft. I have used this particular brush after it was recommended by a detailer friend of mine 8 years ago and all is good ever since.

I haven't tried that specific brush of course. As I said, I'm not sold on the build quality of Carrand stuff, generally speaking. Given that I have access to hogs hair stuff, I really have no reason to switch, and my question about how this Carrand brush is better than hogs hair remains unanswered.

What's its durability like? Of course, hogs hair isn't known for durability in very high use.

I haven't tried that specific brush of course. As I said, I'm not sold on the build quality of Carrand stuff, generally speaking. Given that I have access to hogs hair stuff, I really have no reason to switch, and my question about how this Carrand brush is better than hogs hair remains unanswered.

What's its durability like? Of course, hogs hair isn't known for durability in very high use.

Try one.

I could, except I have free access to more hogs hair brushes than I could ever use in my lifetime, for the few times I want a brush.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back