Pirelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of insight into tire warranties:

While it would be great if every tire dealer handled warranties in an excellent manner, the truth is that some are terrible and some are great.

And unlike vehicle dealers where not only is the vehicle manufacturer heavily involved with making sure the dealer handles customers and warranties well, they have the power to pull the franchise - tire manufacturers not only do not have that sort of power, but I know of no tire dealers that are tied exclusively to a single brand or manufacturer. In other words, the tire manufacturer does not have much leverage with the tire dealer.

Further, my experience says that unless the tires were purchased from the same dealer that is handling the warranty, you will likely not get good service on a tire warranty claim - and even if the 2 dealers are one and the same, there are some dealers that just do not do a good job on tire warranties regardless.

Plus, the tire dealers has some leeway as to how they handle warranty claims. Not only can they make a business decision on their own and handle a claim within there own organization, they sometimes have enough pull with the tire manufacturer to get them to bend the rules a bit.

Yup, tire warranty claim aren't a straight forward thing and many dealers do not do a good job.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Originally Posted By: IveBeenRued
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Just buy them from Discount Tire and you won't even have remotely an issue.

The dealership a customer chooses for the purchase of any product should not have any bearing on the warranty support that they receive after the fact.

Agreed. That said, I think the point being made is that in many members personal experience, including me, buying from DT ensures excellent service after the sale. That includes but not limited to any tire warranty issues that may occur.

IveBeenRued, I read your post about the problem you had with Pirelli tire(s) and I would act like you, i.e., stay away from it.

But I also agree with Nick1994 and Sayjac, if you bought your tires at DT then your problem with any defective tire will be solved quickly and efficiently. They would do whatever it was needed to make you happy.

That is one of the reasons I only bought tires from AT(it is named AT in So Cal, DT somewhere else) for about 10 years now.

Unfortunately for me the nearest DT is in 227 miles away.

Originally Posted By: IveBeenRued
...Unfortunately for me the nearest DT is in 227 miles away.

If you're referencing your signature state, about 13-14 DT store construction sites in VA approved by one of the head honchos. Heard that from my local store asst manager that pretty tuned in to what's going on at DT. Can't say it will be in your specific area, but they are coming to VA.

I have absolutely loved both, the Pirelli P4's and the Cint P7 A/S+ that we've had. IDK if I have ever had better tires overall in terms of:

No radial pull, No broken belts, No uneven wear, No 1 tire wore differently than the other 3, No continuously having to rebalance, etc.

Yes, I've kept our suspensions in alignment and good condition but, I have always done this. We've just have issues with "just about" all other tire brands(mostly G/Y) for one reason or another even though our suspensions have been in good condition/aligned.

Pirelli tires have treated us well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back