Suspension recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky

It looks like my 2005 Scion tC needs the front spring/strut replaced. The spring is cracked at the bottom. I'm looking for OEM take offs as I'm not sure how the aftermarket ones are. Any suggestions? I can't complain after 166k miles and 11 years in New England winters.

I put Monroe Sensatrac "Quickstruts" on our 2001 Aurora. Ride is nice- like factory. Install was as easy as advertised as well.

Unfortunately, I have had a squeak in the strut mount since day one. No drag/binding/play so I've left it. Lifetime warranty if it ever becomes more than a noise.

Aftermarket is fine, you're in the rust belt and the car will probably not be around for many more years anyways.

I had Munroe Quickstruts on my 97' Camry, liked them.

KYB for a quality shock without breaking the bank.. If you want to spend more.. Bilstein. Personally id avoid Monroe.

Nobody seems to make quick struts for your TC, unless it has the same suspension as another Toyota. The cheap Chinese [censored] like FCS/Unity/Leacree isn't worth using and they don't last more than 10k.

But for regular struts, nothing wrong with Monroe OESpectrum, or KYB. For the springs, Moog and Rockwell are good. But only use OEM mounts. Don;t forget all the other rubber parts on the strut you have to buy separately.

Monroe has a rebate starting next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back