It is HOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so hot in So Cal today the temp was 80 at 9:00 AM and 96-97 at 12:00 PM. I walked the dog this morning as usual but he didn't want to go, within 15-20 seconds he went back to the house and stay indoor.

I have thermostat set at 78F and the A/C is running 10-15 minutes at a time, after 4-5 minutes break between running.

Today is the second day this year that I am running the A/C almost all day. There have been 2 other days when I've run it for approx 10 hours. That is all. If by the time we get to 9/16 it gets run 20 days or more...that will be unusual. Currently 90F humidity 28%.

88F here, and I'm just staying inside. It's not too bad in the shade but it's brutal in the sun.

a/c was put in long ago, although luckily we've had nice cool nights, down into the 50's.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
That's nothing, it's already 114 in Phoenix.

My brother in Phoenix set his thermostat at 85F and had more than 8-10 fans running 24/7, and at least one of the two A/C was running non-stop during the day when I was there last summer.

Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste
Today is the second day this year that I am running the A/C almost all day. There have been 2 other days when I've run it for approx 10 hours. That is all. If by the time we get to 9/16 it gets run 20 days or more...that will be unusual. Currently 90F humidity 28%.

That's like paradise in Houston. Try 97 with 80 percent humidity.

109°F in Fullerton at 1:00 PM. Makes me glad that we just bought a GINORMOUS whole house HVAC unit.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste

That's like paradise in Houston. Try 97 with 80 percent humidity.

Now your talking hot 90F and 28% take that all summer.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz

Yeah, but that's a dry heat!

Dry heat FTW. Been to Vegas once. Stepped outside the hotel and YEEOWWWW! [censored]! HOT. Was at LEAST 112. maybe hotter, on the concrete.. That said, dry heat is like an oven, that's a dry heat, too. Stick your head into an oven for dry heat.

The AC also didn't work, because put it up on full blast all you want, it never makes it last the rays of the sun in the window. Now you have a hot room.

Vegas as a destination to blow thousands.. Confuses me.

I think that, if I had enough water, I could adjust to the dry heat over swamplike melting humidity.

But little tiny pools with water above 90 degrees that do NOTHING to cool off except MAYBE at night, surrounded by heat-absorbing concrete... And that's "relaxing?" What?

No.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz

Yeah, but that's a dry heat!
Yeah it's a dry heat in my oven too, and the roast beef cooks great.

Here's how it is at my house right now

2v1q3yd.png

Originally Posted By: Highline9
Been running swamp cooler non stop in hesperia. Nice and cool inside house.
same here. I have 3 small ones. Not super cold but livable . It's about 100f or so sposed to be hotter tomorrow

118*? No way I could handle that. When I lived in Mississippi it would be 95* and 90% humidity, couldn't take it. I love living in between two mountains; there's always a slight breeze to knock out the humidity.

Some times the jet stream can be our friend, some times it can be our enemy. We will be 108*f next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back