2009 Harley Superglide...barhopper !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice bike. My dad's friend is trying to sell him his soft tail heritage with a screamin' eagle bore kit to it.

In 13 days I have put 1,010 miles on the Superglide. It has been exceeding my expectations...so far. I'm getting so many thumbs up and waves, I need to get one of those 'wavy hand suction cup thingys from the seventies' for the windshield. LOL

Rode the Superglide 215 miles today 2 up. My son rode his 2007 CVO Roadking and a friend on his 2015 CVO EG ultra. About 50 miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The temp was 73 degrees F on the Parkway, but 85 degrees F when we exited down the mountain at Fancy Gap, Va. I've put 1,661 miles on the 09 Superglide in about three weeks, and it runs great so far. The oil level is still spot on full with no top offs.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
8xmomw.jpg

Very nice. Enjoy!
thumbsup2.gif

8xmomw.jpg

Class act! REALLY nice looking ride, it will give you many good years.
Kind of funny, we ended up (almost by mistake) in the Myrtle Beach area at the start of bike week.
Ironically we rode our bike there to visit my brother and sister in law in Little River SC.

After owning one week, I've put 620 miles on the Superglide. So far no parts have fallen off, it hasn't marked it's spot on the garage floor yet, and the oil level is spot on full. Rode quite a lot of Interstate miles yesterday for the first time, and the 6 speed transmission really allows the engine to run at a relaxed pace and still has plenty of power at 70/75 to pull hard when rolling on the throttle. I'm still adjusting to the 6 speed for in town and country road riding. Fourth and fifth gears seem to be the ones to use between 45 and 60 mph, and never touch 6th below 60 mph.

Yes, dont be afraid to let the engine wind out a little bit, which is advice for almost anyone on a new to them bike of any make, including myself. We tend to be gentle at first. :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back