highest quality 75w90 gear oil, that can be bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
highest quality 75w90 gear oil, that can be bought from local stored, around here no one carry redline AMSOIL, I do not like RP

conclude between mobil 1 75w90 or Valvoline syn 75w90 , which of these will work best ?

I owned a WRX I bought new and sold with 136K on it. I used Valvoline Synpower 75W90 in the rear end for well over 100K of that. My WRX was modded running running a 13.6 1/4 mile. The tiny rear end held up fine against the drivetrain shock of all wheel drive and a manual transmission. I got the fluid at Napa.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
highest quality 75w90 gear oil, that can be bought from local stored, around here no one carry redline AMSOIL, I do not like RP

conclude between mobil 1 75w90 or Valvoline syn 75w90 , which of these will work best ?

Amsoil can be ordered online and delivered to your door. So can Schaeffers.

Liqui Moly are the dogs small round things in gearbox and engine oil. I use their 75w90 box oil and the shift quality is so go it jumps into gear with no noise even before I have touched the clutch pedal. One tube of extra Moly additive did help a bit! Might not be in your local store but Fleabay are good.

Castrol Synthrax is not good in older boxes due to yellow metals corrosion risk. 75w80 is a fraction thinner in winter (It's a curve thing).
Shell or Mobil if you can't find the real McCoy oil.

ALWAYS CHECK THE OIL FINDER PAGE, as it might list OEM dealer only for some boxes.

Last edited:
I'm not a synth guy, however, Mobil 1 75/90. 2 qts in the LSD cured a stuttering clutch. If you are looking for LSD oil. you need a friction modifier. Mobil one has it already added.
It is available everywhere.

Maybe not "highest quality"....

But SuperTech 75w90 is A. In store, B. Syn-Blend/Full Syn, C. Reviewed Great, D. Cheap.

It's in my 2005 Corolla XRS's Trans. and has been impressively smooth, even in 0 degree winter weather.

I just replaced the diff fluid in my truck but there's not much of a selection anywhere. Mostly Valvoline and Lucas. Mobil can be had at Autozone.

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Liqui Moly are the dogs small round things in gearbox and engine oil. I use their 75w90 box oil and the shift quality is so go it jumps into gear with no noise even before I have touched the clutch pedal. One tube of extra Moly additive did help a bit! Might not be in your local store but Fleabay are good.

Castrol Synthrax is not good in older boxes due to yellow metals corrosion risk. 75w80 is a fraction thinner in winter (It's a curve thing).

ALWAYS CHECK THE OIL FINDER PAGE, as it might list OEM dealer only for some boxes.

are you seriously recommending api gl-5 gear oil and moly additive for a regular manual transmission?
27.gif

Amsoil Severe Gear. Can't be bought from a local store,but Pablo can have it at your door within a few days.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK

are you seriously recommending api gl-5 gear oil and moly additive for a regular manual transmission?
27.gif

The LM Moly additive is good for any manual gearbox, BUT if you read my post it says check the oil finder, as LM make several different box oils. I even use a GL 3 plus (It does 3 AND 4).

Only use the additive with new box oil, as there could be a risk that a previous owner had already used a few tubes and if you OD the Synchro's might start to slip. If the bearings are shot, ask LM about using Ceratec.

Many, Many drag racers who really shock their dif's use only Redline. It's pretty magic at doing the job and minimizing carnage. Weird oil, but it works amazingly well
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back