Win 10 and Live Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was using Thunderbird and mostly liked it but ESET did not fully support it. So I went to MS Live Mail. Which is fully supported by ESET.

My main annoyance is often I see a couple of new emails in my inbox, click on one and it opens but no body. I need to go and force a send and receive of GMAIL, then open it again and the body is there.

Solution?

Exactly! Don't open attachments from unknown sources and don't open attachments from friends, co-workers and/or relatives, unless the web-sent attachment material is agreed upon prior.

Been opening my GMail, Hotmail, AOL and Yahoo Mail since 1999 and never was issued a virus to-date.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Question: why not just use Gmail's web interface?

This. Really, who uses an actual mail client these days, unless you are either an enterprise user who uses Outlook with the corporate exchange server, or hosts their own mail server :|

Why even do that, when the web clients are fast, less trouble prone and finicky, and more secure.

I do not open attachments, but the actual body of the email is missing until I refresh the send/receive for GMAIL.

I do not like the ads and other stuff I get using the web interface for GMAIL.

LiveMail is similar to Outlook which I use (until layoff) at work).

Ive been using Thunderbird for more than 10 years and along with ESET for at least half that time and it always worked perfectly. There are instructions to set it up just takes a few minutes.

Now I just use malware-bytes and everyone knows I don't click attachments so no one sends them ....I dont get much spam with a paid email account either.

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454
Ive been using Thunderbird for more than 10 years and along with ESET for at least half that time and it always worked perfectly. There are instructions to set it up just takes a few minutes.

Now I just use malware-bytes and everyone knows I don't click attachments so no one sends them ....I dont get much spam with a paid email account either.

ESET has said recently they cannot keep up with Thunderbird releases and so they now only support an old version of Thunderbird.

Is the entire message blank or just places where images or links to external websites? Check to see if this option is checked File>Options>>Mail>Read>Automatically download message when viewing in the Preview Pane.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wkcars
Is the entire message blank or just places where images or links to external websites? Check to see if this option is checked File>Options>>Mail>Read>Automatically download message when viewing in the Preview Pane.

The entire body, no text or images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back