What goes on in a trailer hitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino

I like having a winter to wipe stuff out.
laugh.gif

Me too. I still don't get why mosquitoes and ticks manage to survive. But for a few months (ok most of the year) it's pretty bug-free.

Some more... A wolf spider on the back of a caravan yesterday... Handle gives a degree of scale to it.

These are the guys that land in your lap when you flip the sun visor down... Once one did that, ran over my lap and into the back seat and over my son. He sobbed for hours.
IMG_20151224_122837.jpg

This little dude (about quarter sized) just scooted past me on the paving.

IMG_20151225_121216.jpg

My son sent me pictures of camel spiders when he was in Afghanistan. They were the size of hockey pucks on steroids.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'd probably sob if that happened to me too... Lol

I'd scream like a little girl, then pray for winter to come.

I used to catch spiders and feed them bugs as a child... so not too fussed if one runs over me.. the wife held spider fights when she was young. But she has an irrational fear of snakes -- scared of a snake on tv etc...

the dauhter is scared of everything...

Jetronic,
I had spiders too as a kid. Fed them flies, and they got really big.

Just saw yesterday the safety notice at work about snakes...they don't freak my (they paralyse my wife just seeing them), but as we've got some fair percentage of the most poisonous ones in the world, and they are happy to come indoors in the hear, it's wise to be cautious.

We were on a PCYC trip late in the year, and a little girl had a blood nose and was sitting on a rock shelf...could have been the scent, but I looked up and there was a red bellied black snake within a foot of her.

Calmly move her, and the snake moved on, but I DID have a jittery moment after.

Oh I agree to be carefull, I always am. But I don't go into a panic at the sight.

I once woke up with a snake curling up on my leg in my sleeping bag. It was fairly cold, that's probably why. That was a harmless garter snake though, only eats fish and leaves a bruise if it bites. If it happened to my wife, she'd have a cardiac arrest...

Cleaning up some stuff today, I moved some turbine blades that I've kept because of the novel weld procedure I co-developed to get the machine to a routine shut down after some blades broke.

Behind it was one of the biggest redbacks I've come across in ages...

20190203_123421.jpg

20190203_123448.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back