Taurus SHO Daily Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you with the newer Taurus SHO's,2011 and newer,I'm looking for a different DD this summer.

How do you like them and have you had any major issues since you purchased the car,thanks.

19.gif

They do Very well. Would recommend a 2013and newer for some of the updated stuff. I'm very happy with mine. They seem to be very reliable from what I have seen in the specific forums

Service the PTU, if you get one. My friend had one, it moves for a big car, but he had 2 PTU failures under warranty

Last edited:
At the ~4300lb weight and high cost (if new) i would rather have an SUV/double cab F150. They are cool but that's my impression.

My AWD turbo ford sedan could only be a Focus RS!

Yes, these can really get it with a tune and some nice tires.

Just don't expect much in the way of handling or braking, very ordinary sedan in those areas.

And super in bad weather...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Just don't expect much in the way of handling or braking, very ordinary sedan in those areas.

A fellow HPDE instructor has an SHO with the Performance Package(his company makes him lease Fords for company cars and he needed a sedan)- after just five laps of Putnam Park Road Course the brakes nearly caught fire; I have never seen brakes smoke that bad at an HPDE.
Ever. That's why I say it's a great street car.

I think Ford should drop the term "SHO". It was appropriated to call SHO back then when Yamaha designed/engineered that engine, which had more power density than compatible engines. Now the power density of the new Taurus SHO isn't more than ordinary engines in a sedan or a coupe

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I think Ford should drop the term "SHO". It was appropriated to call SHO back then when Yamaha designed/engineered that engine, which had more power density than compatible engines. Now the power density of the new Taurus SHO isn't more than ordinary engines in a sedan or a coupe

It looks as though the term is going to be dropped along with the whole model nameplate, because it's not looking like the Chinese market version will for sale in the USA. Ford's new hot sedan will be the "Fusion Sport."

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
For the money...forget it, gimme a Charger!

This. The Charger is the better option.

I dislike how small they make the Taurus interior. It is tiny on the inside. I am 6'3" and the backseats are less accommodating that a Prius. Front are "ok" but it feels more like a compact car than a semi-full size car.

The other thing is that the car does not feel "fast". It is quick, no doubt. However when you much it, it feels like any other "regular" car. There is little "sizzle" in that stake. Oddest feeling. Ford built a performance car but then toned it down so if a retired old lady accidentally bought it, she should not be "offended".

So take-away is this: It is a large & fast car that feels tiny and slow.

I'd go with a Charger over an SHO as well; I'd prefer a Scat Pack, but an R/T with the Road and Track package would be okay.

Thanks for all the replies/input.

I'll keep the Dodge Charger in mind,EVEN THOUGH, I'm a Ford guy
grin.gif

Whatever I decide on,it wont stay in "stock" form very long,as I've always been a Horsepower Junky
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge
I'm a Ford guy
grin.gif

Shoulda looked at your sig. Shame on us...

I love what Ford is doing with basically offering a performance version of their passenger cars (FiST, FoST, SHO and the soon-to-be Fusion). The SHO is the miss of the group.

The old SHO powered by the Yamaha engine was darned cool. Those scooted. And the tuning forks rock. Haven't used the new turbo car but to use the current Intercptor w/o the turbo engine. For N/A engine, it does well w/ the Interceptor tuning/programming.

All things considered? Get a Hemi in a FCA platform instead. A row-your-own Scat Pack sounds like the cure for what ails...

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back