Leaking AC low pressure value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I was refilling my cars windshield wiper fluid and I thought I heard a hissing sound from the ac valves I went to open the low pressure valve cover and there was a hissing noise coming from the valve. Should I be worried. Thanks.

On a webpage it said it was depresurizing the system but is it thought the valves?

It's no doubt leaking through the charging valve and sometimes changing the cap to one with an intact gasket will do. Caps are cheap and usually come in a kit

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
A leaking schrader valve can be replaced without losing the charge.
I have that tool and it sucks! It only fits one style of core and the core often gets stuck and breaks off in the line. So I end up sucking it out and doing it that way anyway

Last edited:
That could actually be quite frustrating. If it breaks inside while removing it, try a Torx drive to remove it. If you still cannot get it out, you will have to replace the entire line.

Originally Posted By: Gokhan
That could actually be quite frustrating. If it breaks inside while removing it, try a Torx drive to remove it. If you still cannot get it out, you will have to replace the entire line.
I have the ability to replace the whole charge port instead of replacing a line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back