Schumacher down a point

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw him lose by (probably replayed from Kansas) about 10 feet. He he was behind a front spoiler and wheels times about two lengths. So, Id guess about ten feet.

The scorecard showed one thousandth but the announcer said it as a single hundredth.

Anyway a link would be helpful, but even the results seem guarded. Lol.

It was like, 4.115 to 4.116 and I read tht as a one thousandths win not a one hundredth.

Just trying to make sure that heard wrong and didnt think wrong, because some sports casters just roll on and never correct minor mistakes where if you didn't correct your math in the engne room you might not make it to the track on race day.

220 miles per hour is about 323 feet per second...so it should take about 0.03 seconds to travel the 10 feet you say was the difference in time. So if it was indeed only .001 seconds difference it should have been about a 0.3 foot difference separating the cars. Simple math answers most of your questions.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
220 miles per hour is about 323 feet per second...so it should take about 0.03 seconds to travel the 10 feet you say was the difference in time. So if it was indeed only .001 seconds difference it should have been about a 0.3 foot difference separating the cars. Simple math answers most of your questions.

Redo the math with 320mph in the equation.

Yes, I do like Sarge.

I wonder if his eyes has any effect on his racing. Like, does the left eye pick up differing colors than the right.

Does that make him an Aryan from Siberia?

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Originally Posted By: DriveHard

Redo the math with 320mph in the equation.

HA! I read the name Schumacher and thought Formula 1, not Top Fuel...my bad!

so roughly 470 feet per second
So 10 feet is about 0.02 seconds
and .001 time difference is 0.47 feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back