Fresh paint, sky full of ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as some of you know, I recently had a truck test the theory that 8 tires grip better than 4 at the expense of my Mustang. I just got it back Tuesday, and just my luck there is the Sherpa Fire 12 miles from my house. It looks like snow outside there is so much ash in the air and on the ground.

What would be my best course of action here? I have a ton of Griot's Garage product at my disposal and can use the carwash at my work with purified water whenever I need to. I am trying to keep the car from getting wet as much as possible until I figure out what to do. The body shop used some sort of polish/wax before they gave it to me and they want me to come back in 4 weeks for another round, free of course.

O and in case anyone was wondering, even with the GVW difference of a F350 vs a Mustang, 8 tires do grip better than 4.

If the ash is dry, I think it's better not to get it wet.

Use a duster to remove the ash if it's collecting on your car. If they polished/waxed the paint it's fine, even though the paint might not be fully cured it's also not wet paint

Do you have a garage? Or know someone with a garage?

Even a car cover on it, then you can drive your 95' Mustang?

I've never heard of an F350 with 8 tires?

The 8 tire comment means using the 4 tires on my car to help stop. It is a racing term for when you are going to overshoot a corner, you use a car to the outside to help you slow down.

The 1995 is sitting in front of the garage with no engine, garage has 48 years worth of accumulated family stuff that I have to go through.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
garage has 48 years worth of accumulated family stuff that I have to go through.

You better get started then

Craigslist is your friend, as well as the firepit

Last edited:
The problem with only rinsing off the car is that it does not remove all of the dirt from the surface. So, if you towel dry the car, it will marr up the finish.

As an alternative, you can try a touchless car wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back