What are you paying for fuel now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$1.929 for 93 octane at a Tedeschi just South of the White Mountains in NH.
$2.229 for the same closer to home, but that was Top Tier (Shell).

Really dirt cheap at the moment here in Germany:

Around 1,20 € per Liter 95 Oktan E5.

That´s about 3,78 US $ per Gallon.

Really cheap!
grin.gif

Took the family out to dinner last night and decided to stop at a Shell station near the restaurant to fill up.
The price for regular was tolerable, $1.79...pull up to the pump and I see that premium 93 is sixty cents a gallon more!! My usual Shell is not that bad, so I drive off.
There is a Mobil just down the street, regular is a little cheaper and the premium for premium is only fifty cents. For some reason, all the pumps but one have bags over the nozzles...go to the one "working" pump, and it won't turn on. I am getting really ticked now and leave.

Fast forward to this morning, decide to get gas on the way to work (very unusual for me). Stop at my usual Shell, the premium premium is also fifty cents...I am suddenly very confused as to how my fuel door is already open with the cap sitting in it. Did I black out on my feet and open the door?
NOPE, I drove off from the Mobil in a huff the night before without putting my cap back on and closing the fuel door.

It was the fault of the first two stations, right? For being too expensive and out of order, making me mad and irrational? It can't be that I'm an idiot who drives around with his fuel tank wide open!
;^)
Thank goodness it had not started raining yet...

Last edited:
Your guess is as good as mine. They're playing around a lot here lately, too. Of course, we didn't get quite as low as you guys did, but I have a suspicion that bean counters are bored since exploration has been scaled back.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
So what is the pathetic excuses for gas being up so much now? It is 2.09 around here. It got down to 1.29.

The bump up in prices has been pretty minor in New England, but we never got nearly as low as you. I tend to see regular no-name in the $1.60ish range and the big names are $1.70ish for regular...the bump up to premium is still pretty huge, fifty to sixty cents a gallon (and I basically need to run 93).

The ones 7 mi N & 8 mi E of where I live are back up to $1.999 after being in the mid 1.70s. No one wants to be the first to go over $2.00. However, another 7 mi E and the price drops as low as $1.829. There have been times when the difference is as high as .22. They just need to play their games, it seems.

Pushing up to close to $2/gallon for regular around here, too.
Seems like they are raising the delta for premium rather than posting a regular price over $2 (sucks for me cuz I need 93). Think the last place I stopped was something like $1.93 for reg and $2.50 for premium, and prices have gone up since then.

Gas went down in this area to $2.05. I filled up yesterday after work in King William, VA for $1.81. That's the cheapest I've seen in a while.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
$2.55 at Costco, $2.89 most places for regular ...

Where are you in California, not Orange County ?

The cheapest regular at any Costco in Orange County was more than $2.55 the last 30 days.

Northern California may have lowest gas price of the state.

According to GasBuddy.com
A year ago US average $2.77 vs Orange County $4.25 ($1.48 more)

A month ago US average $2.34 vs Orange County $2.87 ($0.53 more)

Today US average $2.20 vs Orange County $2.88 ($0.68 more).

Less than $3/gal is okay for California drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back