New Combo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post pics tomorrow when there is daylight... But I just found my new all-time favorite wax/sealant/LSP.

After polishing my Accord with Maguire's Ultimate Polish, she got 2 coats of FK1000P (I apply and let each coat fully cure overnight before buffing off with MF towel), and then applied a final topcoat of Sonax Net Shield.

Amazing!!! Sooooo "wet" and the clarity and depth is amazing.

Last edited:
I wonder how well Sonax Polymer Net shield bonded to the paint. That product usually needs clean/bare paint for proper bonding.

You would have been better off using Optimum Gloss-Coat for a 2-year coating after Ultimate Polish.

do you ever get out to ohio critic? I'd pay for your time showing me how to use that stuff the right way.

I will comment to the OP but photos first
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I wonder how well Sonax Polymer Net shield bonded to the paint. That product usually needs clean/bare paint for proper bonding.

You would have been better off using Optimum Gloss-Coat for a 2-year coating after Ultimate Polish.

It didn't bond to the paint!! There was a nice layer of FK1000P already on it. I'm hoping the Net Shield would cross-polymerize with the FK already on the paint.

We'll see....I left the entire roof Sonax free....so can see how 2 coats of FK holds up against 2 coats of FK plus a Net Shield topper.

Last edited:

Do you have any friends?

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Do you have any friends?

I'm sure he has many of them. Just from this site, seventeen members have added him has a friend. Which is probably one of the most anyone on here has.

Originally Posted By: Phishin

It didn't bond to the paint!! There was a nice layer of FK1000P already on it. I'm hoping the Net Shield would cross-polymerize with the FK already on the paint.

We'll see....I left the entire roof Sonax free....so can see how 2 coats of FK holds up against 2 coats of FK plus a Net Shield topper.

IME, 1000P is very durable. FK makes good products.

Be sure to update us with your findings.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Do you have any friends?

I'm sure he has many of them. Just from this site, seventeen members have added him has a friend. Which is probably one of the most anyone on here has.

E-friends don't count. He may be a nice guy and have many real friends, I don't know. I just said that because the OP started a thread about how awesome his car looked after he spent probably a few hours making it shine, and all he can say is that he did it wrong, and that he would have been better off using his favorite product. Just sounded kinda... You know... Rude

What does friends have to do with detail and wax. E-friends do count. This is E. i have been here almost ten years and no friend requests- so him having 17 is on up there.

And just because he seemed rude makes you want to put him down? Does two wrongs not make a backwards? Three lefts make a right. I am not a traffic engineer so I cannot figure out anymore scenarios for the attacks.

Originally Posted By: Phishin

That would be an interesting comparison. My experience is that the side panels usually last longer than the horizontal surfaces unless you live in area where you drive thru a lot of mud/snow...then the lower portions of the doors/fenders/bumper will see the beading diminish more quickly (due to contaminants sticking to the surface).

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Do you have any friends?

E-friends don't count. He may be a nice guy and have many real friends, I don't know. I just said that because the OP started a thread about how awesome his car looked after he spent probably a few hours making it shine, and all he can say is that he did it wrong, and that he would have been better off using his favorite product. Just sounded kinda... You know... Rude

When I originally wrote that post, it was not my intent to be rude. Although, looking back at the post now, I can see how it may have been interpreted that way. I just felt that despite the time spent by the OP, there was probably a more efficient way to achieve the same (or better) results.

Sorry for the delay in pics. BTW, there is no cobwebbing. The car was properly polished.

Critic....so, the hood has 2 coats of FK1000P with a Netshield topper. The roof just has 2 coats of FK1000P. Both horizontal surfaces of approximately the same size. I'm curious if there is an advantage of one over the other. Does Netshield provide extended prediction or did it harm the FK1000P? We'll see.

I suck at pics.....what do you want to see specifically?

IMG_20160618_180847375.jpg

Here you get an idea of just how much gloss is present. FK1000P is very "plastic" looking....but the Netshield really warmed it up.

Last edited:
Those wheels really transformed the look of that car.

That's also the shiniest gold colored car I've ever seen. Looks great!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Those wheels really transformed the look of that car.

That's also the shiniest gold colored car I've ever seen. Looks great!

Thanks Nick. Yeah, I love those Honda OEM wheels. I recently picked those up, because I couldn't stand the OEM steelies and wheel covers anymore. The car looked so "old man" or even "old woman"....LOL!!! I feel it looks more masculine (I'm 40 y.o.) without making it look like I'm a drug dealer.

I think those wheels are from a 2012 or 2013 Accord, and they've been powder coated matte black. It makes the car look like "new to me" again. So the itch to buy another car has been scratched.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Yeah Nick,

I'd make sure to keep the lug nuts clean with wheels like that.

I'm not even sure what that means......

Last edited:
Wheels are from a 2013 Accord maybe from the Sport version. I'm guessing they're nineteen inches. My aunt has a 2002 Accord in gold that she bought new. It sits under a car port but is so dull and faded. The interior is mint since she keeps it clean. I think it's beyond help except for a new paint job. Only 63k miles and goes to the dealership for service every six months.

Those are 18" wheels. The steelies that were on it were 16".

Last thing I'm gonna do is tint the windows. She ain't bad lookin' for 6 years old and almost 100k miles.

The contrast of chrome lugs to matte (dark) wheels.

It is like the wheels are housing five showpieces.

Just the way I view detailing I guess.

Cool you got the H emblem on centercaps of wheels that didnt come with the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back